Mazda-speed.com
April 19, 2021, 02:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed FM springs, I love it.  (Read 29707 times)
04turbo
First Gear

« on: June 22, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »

I recently installed the FM springs with the OEM Bilstiens on my 04 MSM.  It lowered the car about 1/2 inch front and back and firmed it up nicely.  I love the lower center of gravity, it corners even better now.
VagaXt
Fifth Gear

I drive fast when I can, but I always drive well.

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 10:46:11 PM »

I recently installed the FM springs with the OEM Bilstiens on my 04 MSM.  It lowered the car about 1/2 inch front and back and firmed it up nicely.  I love the lower center of gravity, it corners even better now.

I thought the stock shocks shouldn't be used with the FM springs, at least that's what FM said.  Or does that statement only refer to the stock shocks of non-MSM models?

All I know is that I'm happy with my old spec FM springs and AGXs and I'm glad you are liking yours.

#992/4000, The Ultimate Daily Driver

I've started my journey toward wheel-to-wheel racing. Follow my driving adventures on my BLOG.

Also, see it action on YouTube.

I'm getting lonely being the only MSM in competition. Join me in Miata Challenge!!

"Drive well, please."
msydnor
Fifth Gear

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 10:51:13 PM »

I am about to order FM springs to go with my stock suspension. glad to here you like them. Were they pretty easy to install?

No more mods for now....got a ND...Launch Edition
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 10:51:42 PM »

We don't have stock shocks, we have Bilsteins which are better than the OEM stock shocks.  Probably not as good as any of the aftermarket shocks but far better than the regular OEM shocks.

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
MiataMan
Fourth Gear

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 08:11:50 PM »

Any  :pics2:??

Opel Speedster Turbo -05
17" ATS DTC
Klasen-motors ECU, intercooler

---SOLD---2005 MSM GT #1383/1428 Black Mica ----SOLD-
xtrapsi
Twin Charged
Fourth Gear

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

Any  :pics2:??

Second the request for pics.   I didn't think the FM springs would lower it enough for me...especially in the rear.

worthless

Sold: 12Sep11
Lava Orange
XEDE, 440cc injectors, Flyin Miata full intake/DP/Exhaust, HIDs...etc.

Pics:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/gallery/xtrapsi

http://www.customtacos.com/gallery2/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=701
05speed
Fourth Gear

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 02:21:12 AM »

If you get the KYB with the Fm springs will they allow you to lower them more since the shocks are adjustable??? If not Im just goin to stick with the springs.

'05 TI MSM, #1113 build date 11-13-04

AEM airt intake, FM DP,FM Exhaust, LED conversions, 20% tint, xtreme white turn signals, GrilleGuys grille, Autometer boost gauge, Auxmod, Red Calipers, Racing Beat Style Bar,Lamin-X tail lights, Tinted side markers, air bag switch relocated,Turbo XS RFL BOV, Tail and Headlight Bezils, LED undercar kit, LED interior kit, GReddy Profec B Spec Boost Controller, Chrom Vodoo shift knob, O2-Signal modified, Alpine CDA-9885, Alpine SPR-17S Components, Sirius Sporster 5
Brent
Fifth Gear

I Miss Boost!

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »

The AGX are only stiffness adjustable; they do not have the capability to change ride height...

Former VR MSM owner
07 Copper Red MX5 Sport | 17x8 Konig Runaways | 235/40 GS-D3 | IL Motorsport Bracing | Eibach Pro-Kit | A&R 6K HID | RSR | Hotchkis
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 09:44:36 AM »

For an NB model Miata none of the shocks adjust for ride height.  You need to get adjustable coilovers to do that.  The Koni's adjust ride height but only the NA model.

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
05speed
Fourth Gear

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »

ok thanks.
Heres a guy I found on cardomain with the FM springs and the KYB so it should be the same hight with the oem bilsteins.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633623/4

looks good to me

AEM airt intake, FM DP,FM Exhaust, LED conversions, 20% tint, xtreme white turn signals, GrilleGuys grille, Autometer boost gauge, Auxmod, Red Calipers, Racing Beat Style Bar,Lamin-X tail lights, Tinted side markers, air bag switch relocated,Turbo XS RFL BOV, Tail and Headlight Bezils, LED undercar kit, LED interior kit, GReddy Profec B Spec Boost Controller, Chrom Vodoo shift knob, O2-Signal modified, Alpine CDA-9885, Alpine SPR-17S Components, Sirius Sporster 5
VagaXt
Fifth Gear

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 09:50:38 PM »

ok thanks.
Heres a guy I found on cardomain with the FM springs and the KYB so it should be the same hight with the oem bilsteins.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/633623/4

looks good to me

Hehe, thanks for the comment.   afro

I've started my journey toward wheel-to-wheel racing. Follow my driving adventures on my BLOG.

I'm getting lonely being the only MSM in competition. Join me in Miata Challenge!!

"Drive well, please."
05speed
Fourth Gear

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 10:27:34 PM »

Yea I think Im goin to go with em. What you think vagaxt???

VagaXt
Fifth Gear

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 04:25:03 AM »

The FM springs are a good bang for the buck and it works well right out the box.  Just make sure to get a good alignment for your needs (track, auto-x, wear, etc.).  However, I don't have experience with FM springs with the MSM Bilsteins, but FM says they still will work well with their springs.

With the FM suggested alignment settings, the car will handle quite neutrally overall.  If you have quick hands or have other preferences, you can deviate a bit to find settings you'll be happy with.  I tend to run a tiny bit on the oversteer side of things because I love when I can help rotate my car in a long sweeper with some throttle steer.   Tongue

"Drive well, please."
jag
I don't like to stay just in
Fifth Gear

#1946 D.O.B. 3-23-04

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 03:52:29 AM »

04turbo,
If you get a chance can you post a pic of the ride height?  I know we saw what it could possibly look like with the kyb's but it be cool to see it.  Thanks.

HYDRA v2.6, FMII KIT w/ GT2560R TURBO, COMPLETE FM INTAKE, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, FM CLUTCH HAPPY MEAL (10.3lb flywheel), FATCAT MOTORSPORTS CUSTOM COILOVERS (SPRING RATE F400/R 325 lbs.), RB 1.125" F.SWAYS, RB SWAY BAR END LINKS, RB BLOCKS & BOLTS, 15x8 949 6UL's in NICKEL, TOYO R1R 225/45/15's,  BOSS FROG DOUBLE HOOP ROLL BAR, LOTUS ELISE SEATS, Ebay 28x7x2.5 INTERCOOLER, SPEEDHUT BOOST, WATER AND OIL TEMP GAUGES on Lotek pillar pod, HKS SSQV BOV, FM Hallman Style Manual Boost Controller,  HARDTOP (Ti color), THOMPSON AIR HORN (LOUD AS HELL!), 3M BRA, COLGAN BRA, CHROME GAS COVER, PASSPORT 850

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.”  - John Adams
MSMemt
not your sister's miata
Fifth Gear

jinba ittai

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 04:31:31 AM »

bump

so pics?

two hundred and ten not-so-furious horsepowers.  i can has more horsepowers?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: