Mazda-speed.com
April 19, 2021, 03:09:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed FM springs, I love it.  (Read 29708 times)
miatajim
Southington, CT Mazda-speed.com founder.
Fifth Gear

Mazda-Speed.com Founder.

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2007, 10:48:35 PM »

Correct. Jim

04 VR Mods FM LE KIT, GFB VTA, HID's, Nexus 7 in dash, Rotationally Molded Sub(4) Box, RF Amp 100x4, Polk door speakers, Running remote mod, HDHCDD RB, A-piller Temp/Boost gauges.
04VRMSMX5
Fifth Gear

« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2007, 04:46:02 AM »

Do you know what the spring rates are for those? I think the rates on the FM springs are almost perfect for a mostly street driven car. I wouldn't mind if they were a tad shorter though.

Eric
jag
I don't like to stay just in
Fifth Gear

#1946 D.O.B. 3-23-04

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2007, 04:59:47 AM »

That's a good question.  I've seen them before http://www.gomiata.com/mamispsp.html  but I've always wondered about the rates.  They look good Jim. 

HYDRA v2.6, FMII KIT w/ GT2560R TURBO, COMPLETE FM INTAKE, MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST, FM CLUTCH HAPPY MEAL (10.3lb flywheel), FATCAT MOTORSPORTS CUSTOM COILOVERS (SPRING RATE F400/R 325 lbs.), RB 1.125" F.SWAYS, RB SWAY BAR END LINKS, RB BLOCKS & BOLTS, 15x8 949 6UL's in NICKEL, TOYO R1R 225/45/15's,  BOSS FROG DOUBLE HOOP ROLL BAR, LOTUS ELISE SEATS, Ebay 28x7x2.5 INTERCOOLER, SPEEDHUT BOOST, WATER AND OIL TEMP GAUGES on Lotek pillar pod, HKS SSQV BOV, FM Hallman Style Manual Boost Controller,  HARDTOP (Ti color), THOMPSON AIR HORN (LOUD AS HELL!), 3M BRA, COLGAN BRA, CHROME GAS COVER, PASSPORT 850

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

“In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.”  - John Adams
miatajim
Fifth Gear

Mazda-Speed.com Founder.

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »

Don't know the spring rates for mine. I'd guess from the feel, about 20% stiffer.

04 VR Mods FM LE KIT, GFB VTA, HID's, Nexus 7 in dash, Rotationally Molded Sub(4) Box, RF Amp 100x4, Polk door speakers, Running remote mod, HDHCDD RB, A-piller Temp/Boost gauges.
MSMemt
not your sister's miata
Fifth Gear

jinba ittai

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 11:50:17 AM »

Jim, THANK YOU for the pics.  When did you get those suckers?  They look good, I'm gonna order some up soon.

two hundred and ten not-so-furious horsepowers.  i can has more horsepowers?
04VRMSMX5
Fifth Gear

« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2007, 08:12:33 PM »

26% increase over '99-'05 OE? That might be softer than the stock MSM springs. They must be considerably softer than the FM springs, but with more lowering. Jim, any issues with tire rub?

Eric
theomega
Jammin
Fourth Gear

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2007, 02:56:41 AM »

Hey Jim, with that 20% increase in stiffness, how does the ride comfort change? I'm hoping it's alright for day to day driving cause im planning on getting a set myself

miatajim
Fifth Gear

Mazda-Speed.com Founder.

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »

I've had them for about 6 months, got them from Onlinemazdaparts(here on the forum). The ride is a little rougher, but nothing too bad. Stiffer then the stock MSM springs.

Shaikh@FatCatMotorsports
First Gear

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 07:24:41 PM »

I was out of town last weekend after the FCM bump stops finally arrived, so I haven't installed anything yet. What do you want pics of? The install or the before and after ride heights? I don't expect much lowering from the FM springs on the MSM, so I'm guessing the pics of that wouldn't show much. Last I heard, FCM was about to release new mounts for his coilover sleeves for the NB Miatas with stock 3.25" inner diameter springs if you're after a lower ride height, or corner weighting.

Hey gang - I just registered on here and WOW are there a lot of smileys to choose from - dangerous!  thumup

Yes, the FCM 3.25" NB perches will be arriving THIS WEEK, I'll post pictures (since that seems a popular request! Wink ) as soon as I have them. I'm really excited to be offering this product as it'll address a need that's been overlooked so far - NB owners who don't want to go to a full 2.5" coilover and NA owners who use NB shocks (like Hard S or MSM Bilstein) and hate the rally look.

Yes, the site needs work, no question! 'Damnit Jim, I'm an engineer not a web designer!' I'm meeting with a local developer tonight.

Thanks for your support. I'm available primarily by phone for advice, then email, and finally on the forum. I'll check in fairly often, but revalves don't just happen by themselves and fortunately I'm staying quite busy with that!

Shaikh
msydnor
Fifth Gear

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »

I was out of town last weekend after the FCM bump stops finally arrived, so I haven't installed anything yet. What do you want pics of? The install or the before and after ride heights? I don't expect much lowering from the FM springs on the MSM, so I'm guessing the pics of that wouldn't show much. Last I heard, FCM was about to release new mounts for his coilover sleeves for the NB Miatas with stock 3.25" inner diameter springs if you're after a lower ride height, or corner weighting.

Hey gang - I just registered on here and WOW are there a lot of smileys to choose from - dangerous!  thumup

Yes, the FCM 3.25" NB perches will be arriving THIS WEEK, I'll post pictures (since that seems a popular request! Wink ) as soon as I have them. I'm really excited to be offering this product as it'll address a need that's been overlooked so far - NB owners who don't want to go to a full 2.5" coilover and NA owners who use NB shocks (like Hard S or MSM Bilstein) and hate the rally look.

Yes, the site needs work, no question! 'Damnit Jim, I'm an engineer not a web designer!' I'm meeting with a local developer tonight.

Thanks for your support. I'm available primarily by phone for advice, then email, and finally on the forum. I'll check in fairly often, but revalves don't just happen by themselves and fortunately I'm staying quite busy with that!

Shaikh

And you are who?????

No more mods for now....got a ND...Launch Edition
Shaikh@FatCatMotorsports
First Gear

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2007, 08:41:38 PM »

Shaikh

And you are who?????

A soon-to-be sponsor of Mazda-speed (calls in to Eunos Communication), current sponsor of Miata.net. My company website is here: http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com
MSMemt
not your sister's miata
Fifth Gear

jinba ittai

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2007, 09:22:37 PM »

And you are who?????

nice people skills.  i'm gonna assume you never browsed the suspension forums.

two hundred and ten not-so-furious horsepowers.  i can has more horsepowers?
bossman4
Keeps getting faster
Fifth Gear

Donut man

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2007, 02:51:22 AM »

Be interested to see what the Fat Cat 3.25 spring perches do. I am looking at the FM springs (sale) with the linear bump stops and I am trying to assess what the spring perches will do with the standard Bilstein shocks.  I still have the original tires and I was thinking of going up one size (215), but it sounds like you might get rubbing depending on the tread width of the tire.  I am asumming that the spring perches will let you optimize the height for look and tire rubbing.

If the FM springs don't change the height that much, are the perches a good option?

FM DP and Exhaust
FM no MAF intake and throttle body with GFB
3.63 gears installed by PuddyMod
2.7 Hydra ECU with Wideband (auto tuned) and electronic boost in progress
Deadbolt Turbo upgrade
550 cc injectors
8" x 2" x 28" Intercooler
New Boss Frog Double Max Roll Bar (Silver)
Boss Frog Arms
Modified  Windblocker
Oil Temp, Water Temp, Boost Prosport Gauges in Lo-Tek Pillar
Buck Diamond Grill
Clearwater Speakers
550 cc injectors
CG Seat Belt Lock
Thompson Automotive Oil Filter Relocation with filter wrap cooler
WR Engine Torque Dampener
Voodoo Knob
MiataRoadster Short Shifter
Grom audio with bluetooth
emexfive
Fifth Gear

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2007, 03:55:33 AM »

Glad to see you on here! This place is awesome, but it can be a bit HP/PSI centric. Perhaps you dispensing your excellent suspension advice will balance things out a bit with more handling talk!

Black mica 05, Full FM DP/exhaust, BEGI CAI intake and FMIC, Hydra, 550 injects, Wilwood/Racing Brake big brakes, 16" Volk TE37s with 225/40 T1-Rs. Ohlins DFV coilovers, etc, etc...
VagaXt
Fifth Gear

I drive fast when I can, but I always drive well.

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »

Glad to see you on here! This place is awesome, but it can be a bit HP/PSI centric. Perhaps you dispensing your excellent suspension advice will balance things out a bit with more handling talk!

+1

#992/4000, The Ultimate Daily Driver

I've started my journey toward wheel-to-wheel racing. Follow my driving adventures on my BLOG.

Also, see it action on YouTube.

I'm getting lonely being the only MSM in competition. Join me in Miata Challenge!!

"Drive well, please."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: