Mazda-speed.com
July 13, 2020, 11:03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stock intake with forge valve  (Read 3008 times)
D_WILLY_1
First Gear

« on: December 19, 2007, 12:20:25 AM »

I did a search and was surpised not to find anything. Has anybody tried a forge or similiar recirculating diverter valve on our stock intakes? If not any thoughts on this would be helpful...
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:23:35 AM by D_WILLY_1 » Logged
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:28:16 AM »

Your search wasn't very good.  Forge made a special DV for our cars that fits in the place of the stock unit.  The problem is that the stock TBP is likely to break eventually since it's rubber.  So you would need to replace it.  BEGi makes a metal one to work with a stock style valve.  The FM unit is arranged differently and you would need to plumb things differently to use a stock style valve.  To get the Forge unit you have to call Forge (407 447 5363) and ask for Mike and order it through them since they don't seem to be able to list it on their website for some reason.

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
Antibayi
Anti Bahjee
Fifth Gear

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:30:21 AM »

I have a Forge valve but I have an AEM intake. I'm happy with the valve. The car immediately achieved higher boost and was able to maintain it. Being that the stock valve is known to leak, I would assume it is beneficial even with the factory intake.

Regards,
Brian

2004 VR
AEM intake | Red leather shift boot and E brake cover | Hood dampers | JDM storage bin | Auxmod basic | Thompson Nautilus air horn | Autometer mech. boost gauge | Forge bypass valve | FM downpipe | Magnaflow exhaust | Racing Beat 1.25" front sway bar and endlinks | Racing Beat brace kit | RAZO WR SPEC shift knob | Begi TBI | Hallman MBC with in car adjustment
D_WILLY_1
First Gear

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:34:46 AM »

I know ALOT of you helped me figure out what to do with my car, and a few helped with my girl friends, I am going to be getting her a magnaflow exhaust and fm down pipe for x-mas, she wants more power without any of the bs that comes with it. thought this would be a good way to achieve that, (plus lets me try it before I get it for my car) and I was thinking while i was at it I would go ahead and pickup a begi tb pipe in one inch and fit it with the forge valve they offer.... and I guess my question is, would this work? And would it make any diff at all, sound, or otherwise?
Antibayi
Anti Bahjee
Fifth Gear

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »

I have the FM downpipe and Magnaflow exhaust. On the highway, at cruising speeds, you know it's there but I don't find the sound intrusive. My girlfriend doesn't mind it at all. At WOT, the exhaust is loud, to me anyway, but in a nice way. Like a little V8. Very powerful sounding, unlike the fart cans on many modded Hondas. My girlfriend actually likes when I go WOT, but that might just be to make me happy.  Smiley I would definitely get the Begi TBI and Forge valve. That is the setup I have and I love it. I also have the AEM intake. While the intake sound is noticeable, which I love, at WOT the exhaust dominates. At partial throttle, I hear more intake. It's a motley crew of sounds I love tremendously. I installed my parts in stages; intake first, then exhaust and downpipe a while later. The intake by itself made a noticeable bump in power, but combined with the full exhaust, the difference was tremendous. I'm sure it would be the same if the exhaust was done first and then the intake later. In my opinion, they are meant to be done together as they seem to compliment each other (intake and exhaust). I hope this helps.

Regards,
Brian

2004 VR
AEM intake | Red leather shift boot and E brake cover | Hood dampers | JDM storage bin | Auxmod basic | Thompson Nautilus air horn | Autometer mech. boost gauge | Forge bypass valve | FM downpipe | Magnaflow exhaust | Racing Beat 1.25" front sway bar and endlinks | Racing Beat brace kit | RAZO WR SPEC shift knob | Begi TBI | Hallman MBC with in car adjustment
::The Muffin Man::
Miss my MSM
Fifth Gear

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 12:53:23 AM »

I have a black Forge BPV with all its springs and inserts I could let go. I recently changed the o-ring and relubed the unit. It has about 15k miles on it, works like new.

2012 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.0

2005 Black Mica # 1374
Sold..but never forgotten

2013 Infinity G37 'vert

1999 Jeep Wrangler 4.0
D_WILLY_1
First Gear

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 01:05:50 AM »

any sound diff you think? with stock intake?
Antibayi
Anti Bahjee
Fifth Gear

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 01:28:36 AM »

I doubt it. I thought it sounded the same when I swapped mine. The stock intake should block any sound from the valve.

Regards,
Brian

2004 VR
saik1060
Second Gear

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 06:25:54 AM »

Your search wasn't very good.  Forge made a special DV for our cars that fits in the place of the stock unit.  The problem is that the stock TBP is likely to break eventually since it's rubber.  So you would need to replace it.  BEGi makes a metal one to work with a stock style valve.  The FM unit is arranged differently and you would need to plumb things differently to use a stock style valve.  To get the Forge unit you have to call Forge (407 447 5363) and ask for Mike and order it through them since they don't seem to be able to list it on their website for some reason.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Forge-007P-Diverter-Valve-DV-MSM-Mazdaspeed-Miata_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118QQcategoryZ33742QQihZ003QQitemZ130158318801QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

$130.00 + $10.00 Shipping!
dan02
Third Gear

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 03:11:43 AM »

The forge with stock intake works great.  No sound difference.  I have run my forge with both the stock intake and AEM.  Great valve overall....
Dan
Stephanie Turner
Fifth Gear

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 07:28:01 PM »

BEGi also sells the Forge Valves for the MSM. We have both the 3/4" and 1".
Stephanie

'02 Crystal Blue Metallic, BEGi Series 3 Turbo System, Xede Engine Management, XD-16, 3" Dual  Aftermarket Exhaust.
243 rwhp / 225 ft-lbs torque @ 12 psi
Used Parts For Sale listed on website. http://www.bellengineering.net/Pages/sale_items.html

www.bellengineering.net
emexfive
Fifth Gear

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 09:31:17 PM »

I have a BEGI TB elbow that replaces the stock part I need to sell. I got them to make me a custom one. PM me if anyone's interested.

Black mica 05, Full FM DP/exhaust, BEGI CAI intake and FMIC, Hydra, 550 injects, Wilwood/Racing Brake big brakes, 16" Volk TE37s with 225/40 T1-Rs. Ohlins DFV coilovers, etc, etc...
saik1060
Second Gear

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2007, 03:44:42 AM »

I have a BEGI TB elbow that replaces the stock part I need to sell. I got them to make me a custom one. PM me if anyone's interested.

PM Send
emexfive
Fifth Gear

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 04:08:27 AM »

PM Send

Received.

Now that I think on it clearly it's an FM style one with the BOV on the left so you can use large valves like the GFB. Since I was using the GFB I got with my FM intake kit.

Black mica 05, Full FM DP/exhaust, BEGI CAI intake and FMIC, Hydra, 550 injects, Wilwood/Racing Brake big brakes, 16" Volk TE37s with 225/40 T1-Rs. Ohlins DFV coilovers, etc, etc...
'95MSM
Fifth Gear

Turbo clocked downward, new i/c plumbing

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 08:12:15 PM »

I picked up a second hand Forge valve here.  It is installed in the passenger side of the OEM throttle elbow, oulet pointed down.  My temp sensor is diff from the MSM, but I believe you could easily adapt the MSM sensor to fit the smaller BOV nipple on the OEM elbow, then deal with an aftermarket elbow whenever you need/want it.

'05 running gear + '95 body
3.63 ring & pinion FM content: Blouch compressor mod, FM-Link, i/c & no-MAF intake.   BEGi: Stainless SGDP w/ metal core performance cat.   Custom stuff: Compressor clocked downward w/ new i/c pipe, big radius throttle elbow, 2.5" mid-pipe w/ Hushpower II, dual 2" axle-back w/ open Supertrapps, Toyota 4 pc cop ignition

245.2 whp on default FM-Link maps (with OEM midpipe)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: