Mazda-speed.com
October 31, 2014, 10:56:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our Sponsors!
The Gallery
Mazda-speed.com Forum Rules

Home   Help Login Register  

Be sure to visit our sponsors!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6UL Rims (949 Racing) and Goodwin Racing Tires  (Read 5401 times)
CharlesE
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

Southeastern Connecticut

« on: June 05, 2008, 06:03:09 AM »

I received my 8" wide 6UL rims and Toyo R1R tires three days ago.  The rims are magnificent... almost a mirror finish, with no visible unintentional marks.  The tires look as though they just came out of the mold.

I had 949 Racing ship the rim to Goodwin Racing for mounting.  The transfer appeared easy from my end....no hassles.  It's difficult to make things look easy!  Both vendors were great to work with.  The rim / tire assemblies were shipped to me in heavy cardboard boxes (two) with separators between the wheels.  The boxes were tough to open, it took a little dedication to open them Tongue  Even the lug nuts came individually packaged in a rubber container to prevent them from being scratched.

The tires are holding pressure, and fit very nicely, and easily on my 04 MSM.

If the above sounds like I'm impressed, please remember that I'm a conservative, understated engineer.

Oh... pictures...see below

2004 VR MSM - FM (CAI, Downpipe, O2 Modifier, Full Exhaust, PCV, Timing Belt Kit), Hallman MBC, Silver Star Headlights, Speedhut Boost Gauge, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch lines, Thompson Air Horn, Mobil 1, Gates Racing Belts, Samco Hoses, Hitemp Brake Fluid, Passport Detector, GPS Drive Navigation (I-Phone), 15x8 6UL's and 205 RE-11's, Carbotech AX6's, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, FM V-Maxx Stage 2 Suspension, 949 End Links.  MR Roadster Short Shifter Kit

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud....After a while you realize they like it.
Aruba
2004 Titanium, #3838
Fifth Gear

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 10:23:15 AM »

Nice stuff, you lucky dog.  I ordered a set of 15/8 6ULs for track use (black with polished lip) a couple weeks ago and was told they would not ship until the end of July. What size are those tires?  I am planning on mounting 225/45/15 Hoosier R6s -- I need all the help I can get on the track.

Black w/silver lip 15x8 +36 offset 6UL wheels with 225/45/15 Toyo R888 tires; FM IC, GFB-BOV, MBC, O2 modifier, DP and full turbo exhaust; BEGI throttle inlet duct and full BEGI CAI; FM springs and sways; Bilstein HD shocks with FCM 36mm bump-stops; 37mm Koyo dual-core radiator; Hard Dog rollbar; Simpson 6-pt harness systems for driver and passenger; A-pillar dual-pod with boost and oil temp gauges; Audiovox CC-100 cruise control operated via Mazda steering wheel stalk.  Here's a video link of the car in action at a Laguna Seca HPDE http://miata-website.rdopso.com/Videos/Laguna%20Seca%202009%20clip.wmv .

This wonderful MSM now belongs to Apexeater who is enjoying running it on the four Phoenix-area road racing tracks at least as much as I did.
CharlesE
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

Southeastern Connecticut

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 08:39:43 PM »

Oops....Sorry....205 50 15's.  They are somewhat wider than Falken 205's from photos I've seen on the web.

2004 VR MSM - FM (CAI, Downpipe, O2 Modifier, Full Exhaust, PCV, Timing Belt Kit), Hallman MBC, Silver Star Headlights, Speedhut Boost Gauge, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch lines, Thompson Air Horn, Mobil 1, Gates Racing Belts, Samco Hoses, Hitemp Brake Fluid, Passport Detector, GPS Drive Navigation (I-Phone), 15x8 6UL's and 205 RE-11's, Carbotech AX6's, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, FM V-Maxx Stage 2 Suspension, 949 End Links.  MR Roadster Short Shifter Kit

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud....After a while you realize they like it.
MSMemt
not your sister's miata
Fifth Gear

jinba ittai

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 01:26:09 PM »

i have 15x9 6ULs and I'm getting the new 225/45 R1Rs in a week or two :thumbsup:

two hundred and ten not-so-furious horsepowers.  i can has more horsepowers?
MSMemt
not your sister's miata
Fifth Gear

jinba ittai

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

i have 15x9 6ULs and I'm getting the new 225/45 R1Rs in a week or two :thumbsup:
hi old thread! Oops! Smiley

two hundred and ten not-so-furious horsepowers.  i can has more horsepowers?
Verwah
Fifth Gear

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 11:18:24 PM »

beautiful... I just ordered my 6ULs today! 15x8 in the nickel finish. I intend to put on a set of 225/45 tires. Let the bloodletting of my saving begin. Next up is a set of coilovers and the 'Big Enchilada' along with a bunch of supporting stuff. I can't wait. Neither can my VISA creditor.  rolleyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Be sure to visit our sponsors!