Mazda-speed.com
April 19, 2021, 02:35:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 15" fitment over MSM brakes...  (Read 16664 times)
TIDE-HSV
Fifth Gear

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 03:31:33 AM »

I could, but it didn't occur to me until I was driving away.  The tech cautioned me, when I rotated, to mark the theft-guard lug nut.  He said that it was heavy enough to unbalance the tires.  I found this curious, since Tire Rack didn't know where I would place that nut, when they ballanced the tire.  I do plan to swap the tires and see what happens...

Out of Huntsville, AL.  04Ti,  FM DP/IC, Xcede & misc... (yes, the avatar is my face - pic taken on Mt. LeConte, Smokies, 9/'06)
ArkaneV
First Gear

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2005, 02:09:58 PM »

Later. I don't have them on this machine. However, I've got a vibration in the rear problem now. TireRack is paying for them to be rebalanced locally, in case that's what it is...

Did you make sure your rims where torqued to 85lbs? I had some vibration when I installed my Racing hart for the first time.. I had them @ 80lbs torque, checked with dealer they retorqued it to 85lbs and problem gone for ever.
Ran Kizama
H3NTA1
Fifth Gear

FORMER OFFICIAL TRUNK MONKEY

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2005, 03:06:21 PM »

What's your wheel offset? I'm looking at some 15x7s with a +40.

TIDE-HSV
Fifth Gear

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2005, 09:35:23 PM »

First, yes, I installed them with a torque wrench.  And, Ran, the offset on the Kosei K1 Racing is 38.  There are only a few brands which won't fit over our brakes.  Here is one link to which won't, comment by Goodwin Racing.  If you log into miata.net, tires and wheels, and enter "fit" "brakes," you'll turn up a bunch of threads.  When I contacteTR's CS, they immediately said that the tire was out of round and shipped out a new tire, which hasn't arrived yet.  They pay for M&B upt to $20 per wheel...

LINK
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 09:46:12 PM by TIDE-HSV » Logged

Out of Huntsville, AL.  04Ti,  FM DP/IC, Xcede & misc... (yes, the avatar is my face - pic taken on Mt. LeConte, Smokies, 9/'06)
sajack
Fourth Gear

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2005, 11:37:44 AM »

Tide:
I hope you get your tire today. I`m curious as to your problem. It`s pretty unusual for Michelin to produce a bad tire, esp. in a high-end performance tire. I hope that`s your problem and not something mechanical.
Keep us posted.
SAJ

`04 MazdaSpeed #2567 & `08  Mazda3 GT
TIDE-HSV
Fifth Gear

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2005, 05:36:13 PM »

SA, it's on, balanced and the problem seems to be solved.  Of course, I'm so sensitized now to vibration, that every little bump which causes "cowl-shake" makes me think it's coming back.  Do they have any perfectly smooth blacktop down there in LA?  I'm going to try to find a recently repaved strip around here somewhere, so my mind can be completely set at ease.  On Michelin and OOR, this is actually not the first one I've had.  However, their rate is far below the other manufacturers...

sajack
Fourth Gear

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2005, 09:32:32 PM »

Are you using stick-on weights on the inside of the wheel or conventional weights(that scratch the rim)?
The stick-ons aren`t as good, but they sure look better.

`04 MazdaSpeed #2567 & `08  Mazda3 GT
TIDE-HSV
Fifth Gear

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2005, 04:05:39 PM »

So far as I know, the stick-ons are the only ones the Kosei's will accept.  So far, the vibration still seems to be gone.  I have the normal Miata cowl shudder, but the roll bar helped with that...

Loan Shark
Fifth Gear

« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2005, 03:21:30 AM »

TIDE

what is the weight of your Koseis?

TIDE-HSV
Fifth Gear

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2005, 12:40:33 AM »

I don't really remember at this point, but, at some point real soon, I'm going to pull the right rear and put the OEM back on, because I'm still having a vibration problem on the right rear, not as bad, but noticeable.  The only two possibilities are the wheel and something further up the drive train.  The OEM combination is around 36 lbs.  The present combo is considerably lighter...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: