Mazda-speed.com
April 21, 2021, 05:37:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flyin Miata Sway bars  (Read 2192 times)
OlBlindMan
Third Gear

« on: September 05, 2005, 12:28:38 AM »

Installed a set of FM sway bars---just a bit heavier than stock, but adjustable, and with poly bushings.I did the rear one first, since I thought that would be the easier of the 2 to do.....boy was I wrong! I had one bolt on an end link so frozen, I had to split it, and use a monkey wrench on it to remove it. Then after I got everything in place, with very little effort, I managed to snap a stud for the driver side bracket... The easy job ended up taking a few hours. The front bar, although more difficult to get to, went a lot better. I found it best to drain the radiator and drop the lower hose, to allow for some movement, slid the old bar out the paasenger side, and installed the new one the same way.
As far as handling improvement...I didnt notice it being a whole lot stiffer, but I find I can take corners at greater speed with far more confidence. I used the neutral settings on both front and rear, and I am happy with the overall change. Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: