Mazda-speed.com
October 29, 2020, 07:07:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: trestes 04 MSM build  (Read 11102 times)
trestes
First Gear

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »

One thing I noticed in your engine picture is that still the rubber TB pipe elbow?  It will crack and even if it doesn't crack if your running high boost the thing will likely balloon on you and possibly pop it off.  Get a metal pipe, either the FM unit or if your brave the BEGI one.

Yes its the stock tbi. I'm planning on taking the elbow to a local fabrication shop to see if they can make me a metal one for a reasonable price before I spend 200 on one from FM
Maduh
M-S.com Guinea pig.
Fifth Gear

Herp Derp.

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 03:37:31 PM »

One thing I noticed in your engine picture is that still the rubber TB pipe elbow?  It will crack and even if it doesn't crack if your running high boost the thing will likely balloon on you and possibly pop it off.  Get a metal pipe, either the FM unit or if your brave the BEGI one.

Yes its the stock tbi. I'm planning on taking the elbow to a local fabrication shop to see if they can make me a metal one for a reasonable price before I spend 200 on one from FM

Ask JoeMazda on here. He made mine with just a bung for my GM IAT sensor and the vacuum line for the wastegate. Works great and came out nice.

RIP #361 05' Black Mica Mazdaspeed mx-5, swap in progress to 1999 Miata Base. Follow my build thread here: http://tinyurl.com/pwtx3f9
trestes
First Gear

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »

Your should be able to rebuild that turbo pretty easy.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thank you, It looks fairly straight forward to rebuild but seeing as this was my first turbo car just wanted some input.

So I found a local company that rebuilds turbos for 250 that includes seals but if it needs any other parts I have to pay for the cost of the parts so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna let them do it lol. Not much more than that rebuild kit I found.
trestes
First Gear

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2015, 02:13:23 PM »

After talking to the rebuild company they told me my turbo can't be rebuilt. Garrett said I can take the chra to one of their dealers and can trade it in on a new chra. Also I got a new white faced boost gauge and installed it in a pillar pod. It is a mech vs the electric autometer boost gauge in the vent. Running both right now to check the accuracy since I bought a cheap gauge from harbor freight lol. If it is accurate I will get some eclipse vents and remove the center gauges. Since the stock mazdaspeed logo was removed I am looking for some sort of boosted decal for the back. Any recommendations?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: