Mazda-speed.com
December 01, 2021, 05:33:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canyonfive's BSP Build Thread  (Read 117477 times)
darkcambria
Third Gear

« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2015, 02:05:23 PM »

Nice job on the event! 1.2s over both days  afro

FM Big Enchilada, 15x9 6UL with 225/45 BFG Rivals
Crarrs
First Gear

« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »

Congrats on the Tour event win!

2004 TiGrey MSM
AEM SRI - Mishimoto FMIC - Turbosmart MBC - Denso 305cc - eBay Downpipe - Koni Sport - GC Coilover - Racing Beat 1.25" Front Sway Bar - FM TBI - Turbosmart BPV - FM SS Brake Lines - Konig Flatout 15x8 - Hankook RS3 225/45/15

2010 MS3 (The former STX Battle Wagon) Restockified
Progress RSB - Corksport Mono CBE - Koni Sport - EBC Yellow
Corksport SRI/TIP - Corksport Trans Mount Insert - Corksport RMM - Cobb AP - StopTech SS Lines - Drag DR-31 17x8 - BFG Rival 245/40/17
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2015, 04:15:50 PM »

Thank you!

www.miataspeed.com My YouTube Channel
My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
millsj
Fifth Gear

« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2015, 05:57:21 PM »

Congrats!  Very cool!! afro

FM full intake, FM DP and Exhaust, AFCO Shocks (550/400 lb springs), FM O2 Modifier, Hallman MBC with in-cabin controller, Stewart-Warner Boost Gauge, HDHCDD with Harness Bar, RB 1.125" Front Sway Bar, E-bay Delta Fin 27x7x2.5 FMIC, Ultra-Shield Rally Sport seats, Carbotech XP-12/10 pads, SS Brake Lines, PLX DM-100 Multi-Gauge, FM Crossflow Radiator, Spal Fans, FM Oil Cooler, custom in-dash oil pressure warning LEDS, i-Shift LED shift lights, 15x9 bronze 6UL track tires, COT NASCAR wing, DIY front splitter, fully ducted radiator.
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09:49 PM »

More Success at the El Toro Pro solo. My Co-driver finished 1st and I 2nd on my first pro solo. Its a very interesting format but I think I prefer the slower pace of the tours. We were the only two driver car with both drivers to make it into the challenge. I didn't make it past the first round but my co-driver went up against the pax killing machine of jeff keisel. He would have won by .098 but he hit a cone.

Did anyone else notice that the PAX for national tour events and Pro Solo's are the same this year? That means im basically straight up against the Berry ASP evo with  its 1.60 60 ft times.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 11:28:41 PM by SilverMiataRacer » Logged

My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2015, 12:33:01 AM »

Testing a larger rear wing from a certain CSP car...  laugh

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2015, 04:44:44 PM »

Videos are up from the Crows Landing Tour.
https://youtu.be/iLN5SX9ctX8
https://youtu.be/dGJaLMZP_X4

My BSP build thread
darkcambria
Third Gear

« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2015, 12:26:22 PM »

Congrats guys on the mention in SCCA magazine. Your hard work has been paying off!

FM Big Enchilada, 15x9 6UL with 225/45 BFG Rivals
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2015, 05:50:04 PM »

Congrats guys on the mention in SCCA magazine. Your hard work has been paying off!

Thanks!

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2015, 07:05:22 AM »

2015 SCCA Solo Autox nationals was a resounding success this year with the car taking home 3 podiums and a 3rd place.
2015 SCCA Pro Solo BSP National Champion (Steve O’Blenes)
2015 SCCA Autox BSP National Champion (Steve O’Blenes)
2015 SCCA Autox BSPL National Champion (Jodi Fordhal)
2015 SCCA Autox BSP 3rd Place. (Anthony Porta)

We have been working on the car all summer by getting it ready for Nationals—refreshing the clutch and associated parts, changing spring rates (four times), removing various parts such as the A/C and stereo, adjusting ride heights (even between runs), and trying to get the fuel from the tank to the engine. The last addition we made to the car was putting on a clean-looking splitter that Steve built. All the hard work paid off as we had some great finishes and a really easy to drive car.

On the Monday, the day between the Pro Solo and Solo Nationals, I had an opportunity (read: got stuck with) some great practice runs at 6:00 p.m. just as the skies started to open up. With changing conditions the car was really easy to handle—a testament to great shocks (Koni’s) and a balanced car. Once there was standing water, however, it was basically a drift session except without the air conditioner the defroster didn’t work well and I couldn’t see out the side windows…

For Tuesday, the first day of Solo Nationals, the skies were clear and the temps were good for Nebraska in the summer, much cooler than the weekend before. We ran in the last run group of the day, which meant we only had to contend with the finish spring which seemed to leak water endlessly all weekend. Steve set some blistering fast runs and led day one. If it weren’t for the cone on my last run on that day I would have been second. The car performed really well needing no suspension tweaks and a gentle shaving of the OPR.

Wednesday would put us on the tight and tough west course. The way it walked was deceptive; there were areas that would be taken flat although there were few straights. Driving it was a different experience all together. The course elements came up so fast there was hardly time to process each section. Ultimately my first run on cold tires would be my quickest while Steve would get faster each run. There was also more to do in between runs, as the OPR was pernicious. Every time we jacked the Miata up an audible thunk could be heard as the tires unstuck themselves from the ground. We were using a plugin scraper with a power converter on the Miata battery as we couldn’t find our cordless ones.  After our second runs the alligator clips for the transformer popped off and Lauren (2nd place BSPL) helped by holding the wires together so we could shave more OPR.
In the end we finished 1st and 3rd, which was a pretty good result for the car’s first nationals. Without hitting cones, the standing could have ended very different. There was great competition from the other MSM and also from an old C4 ‘Vette with a national champ driving it. Funny thing is we would have been 2nd in FP, which is tantalizing for the future. I think a MSM really has a chance there too because, of course, the answer is always Miata. Steve finished 18th and I finished 55th overall (out of about 1300).

The projects for next year are to get the suspension working well on all surfaces and trying to get some of that turn-in magic that I haven’t felt since I drove Schenkers CSP Miata. Those things are telepathic!

Thank you to my Sponsors MiataRoadster, Mazda Motorsports, OS Giken, FR Sport, Hooiser Tire,

Here are some cool shots from the event. Enjoy!

My BSP build thread
joeereid
Fifth Gear

« Reply #205 on: September 24, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »

Nice work. More pics and details on that splitter your'e running please

05 Mica, Sparco Speed, Hard Dog ACE with custom harness bar, Ultrashield 6 point harnesses,FM complete intake, O2 mod, FM downpipe, MR short shifter. Xida 700/400, 3.63 R+P (Spare), 3:9 R+P (current),EWUSA FMIC, Derale hardline delete PS cooler, FM Stage 2 fans w/ OEM connectors, Custom fab IC/Rad ducting, custom cowl intake/heatshield, Ultragauge,Rumblestrip Predictive Lap timer, APR custom mounted rear wing, Custom made streetable/removable front splitter, Run-Cool hood Louvers
millsj
Fifth Gear

« Reply #206 on: September 24, 2015, 12:16:37 PM »

Congrats and you guys should be proud!   afro

FM full intake, FM DP and Exhaust, AFCO Shocks (550/400 lb springs), FM O2 Modifier, Hallman MBC with in-cabin controller, Stewart-Warner Boost Gauge, HDHCDD with Harness Bar, RB 1.125" Front Sway Bar, E-bay Delta Fin 27x7x2.5 FMIC, Ultra-Shield Rally Sport seats, Carbotech XP-12/10 pads, SS Brake Lines, PLX DM-100 Multi-Gauge, FM Crossflow Radiator, Spal Fans, FM Oil Cooler, custom in-dash oil pressure warning LEDS, i-Shift LED shift lights, 15x9 bronze 6UL track tires, COT NASCAR wing, DIY front splitter, fully ducted radiator.
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #207 on: September 24, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »

Nice work. More pics and details on that splitter your'e running please

Steve made it out of some aluminum sandwich stuff. Its pretty strong although I would like to strengthen the edge. The posts keep it supported. Its connected with some of the stock underbody fasteners. Best part is I can still make it over 90% of speedbumps!

My BSP build thread
joeereid
Fifth Gear

« Reply #208 on: September 24, 2015, 08:36:26 PM »

Plastic Sheet with thin aluminum skin on both sides? Dibond Sign Board? Do you run that thing on the street?

05 Mica, Sparco Speed, Hard Dog ACE with custom harness bar, Ultrashield 6 point harnesses,FM complete intake, O2 mod, FM downpipe, MR short shifter. Xida 700/400, 3.63 R+P (Spare), 3:9 R+P (current),EWUSA FMIC, Derale hardline delete PS cooler, FM Stage 2 fans w/ OEM connectors, Custom fab IC/Rad ducting, custom cowl intake/heatshield, Ultragauge,Rumblestrip Predictive Lap timer, APR custom mounted rear wing, Custom made streetable/removable front splitter, Run-Cool hood Louvers
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #209 on: September 24, 2015, 08:40:33 PM »

Plastic Sheet with thin aluminum skin on both sides? Dibond Sign Board? Do you run that thing on the street?

has a honeycomb plastic core.. Yes alum on both sides. Yup I run it everywhere! Still need to give it a canyon thrashing through....

My BSP build thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: