Mazda-speed.com
April 21, 2021, 05:45:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Canyonfive's BSP Build Thread  (Read 103816 times)
FrankL
Third Gear

« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2014, 07:48:38 PM »

1st in Class, 1st in Prepared, 7th Overall PAX.

Im thrilled with my OS Giken. It performed flawlessly  afro except i now have to relearn how much gas to give it. ALL OF IT  tool

video >> http://youtu.be/WLo5J6b1Nu4

Did the OSG change the balance corner entry or exit? It's tough to tell from that angle but I would like to see your hands or the front tire.

Unfortunately it just isn't in the cards for us before Lincoln. 

2005 MSM- BSP 26/126 obligatory mod list: lots
www.twosixmotorsports.com
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2014, 04:57:44 AM »

^^ Hard to tell. It seemed a little more pushy on entry, but I could have been going too fast as it really really hooks up out of corners. And its not broken in yet. Slower rear rotation once traction is lost and traction returns quicker. ALL starts now seem to be Launch control and I keep it matted. Its so much faster, 6 tenths or so at the last event, maybe more but I need more data to tell.

Im still working on extracting the most from my suspension, but the car was much more settled. The event before last I went up 100 lbs in the rear (its all i had), very very twitchy but faster as Im still working on rear travel. (new mounts being made as I type) not changing anything but the OS and the car is drivable and way more stable. It will be faster on the lower rate springs and a bit more travel. Ill also see if I can rustle up another camera for my sept event for ya.  thumup

www.miataspeed.com My YouTube Channel
My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
FrankL
Third Gear

« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »

Thank you for all your input on the OSG.

What shocks and springs are you running? What are you doing to get more rear travel?

Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #153 on: August 26, 2014, 03:19:21 AM »

Thank you for all your input on the OSG.

What shocks and springs are you running? What are you doing to get more rear travel?

Same mounts as yours. Fatcat Digressive Valving.  dink

What springs are you running these days?

My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
FrankL
Third Gear

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2014, 03:29:25 AM »

We have 850s in the front and considering going to 650 in the back because of our increased rear grip on the new wheels. But we aren't changing anything else before Lincoln. Just a small ride height change and alignment to correspond with the 11" wheels on concrete.

Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2014, 03:04:41 AM »

Roughly .3 faster on my local kart track with the OSG and thats with my stock muffler. Maybe another .2 with the turn down. and Im up to 4th gear from 3rd on the back straight weeeeee.. cheesy

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »

Working on my suspension travel and bumpstops. Looks like ill have to raise my fender flares.  laugh

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2014, 10:12:59 PM »

This is why Grip is more important than anything! 90% to 110% of scaling of grip vs lap times simulated on the 2010 nationals course. 5% more is 7 tenths faster!

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #158 on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »

I have been working more and more on my suspension setup and that has been yielding some great results. Unfortunately their not sexy changes and don't get the fanfare people usually feel when keeping up on build threads. Making these changes however has brought me ever closer to those I measure myself against. In my region if I ever want to win a pro solo ill have to top Tom berry in his evo (asp pax), that means working on the little details and extracting every last bit of mechanical grip as well as being very critical of my driving and where I can be faster. Making sure I have enough travel has gained me over .5 second on a 60 second course and has been one of the biggest decreases in time for the least amount of money. One of my next back burner projects will be to model my suspension in a transient state sim to further look at my shock valving in search of higher "cpl's". and in the process replacing guesses with math and fiction with fact.

My BSP build thread
darkcambria
Third Gear

« Reply #159 on: October 03, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »

Very cool! I love hearing about what others are doing to find those final tenths of seconds. I welcome any updates you have.

FM Big Enchilada, 15x9 6UL with 225/45 BFG Rivals
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2014, 06:18:22 AM »

Im posting it here  to see if anyone whats to Co-drive my Mazdaspeed. Based on this year 2 sets of r-comps would be required to run the local events. Minimum cost is 1/2 of the tires about $1300 for the year, in addition to the other smaller consumables such as brakes etc.

Im currently renewing the front suspension bushings, getting a custom driveshaft made (none in stock in the us), and will probably have to replace the clutch in the first half of the year as a preventive maintenance item. Which, is why im looking to offset the cost of r-comps and competing in BSP.

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2014, 10:01:55 PM »

Help out my pizza shop and vote!

http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,30473.0.html

My BSP build thread
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #162 on: November 13, 2014, 12:37:20 AM »

New bushings, alignment, oh yea and I fixed my front bar bind. What a difference!!! Only took a few washers...

My BSP build thread
Tobra
Fourth Gear

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2014, 11:56:54 PM »

Is the OS Giken diff computer controlled?
No, the way the plates are arranged determines lockup on acceleration and deceleration, or that is my understanding. 

Very inspiring thread.  Inspires me to want to spend a ton of dough on my car.

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Mazdaspeed003
Fourth Gear

« Reply #164 on: November 18, 2014, 01:15:36 AM »

Hey man dont know if you remember me, but i met you at Adams a while back, I have the purple NA miata, I just purchased my mazdaspeed when I met you!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: