Mazda-speed.com
May 22, 2019, 03:56:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 300   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your MSM today?  (Read 825479 times)
joeereid
Fifth Gear

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 12:53:36 AM »

Removed the zener diode TPS mod. Might try the resistor mod...

05 Mica, Sparco Speed, Hard Dog ACE with custom harness bar, Ultrashield 6 point harnesses,FM complete intake, O2 mod, FM downpipe, MR short shifter. Xida 700/400, 3.63 R+P (Spare), 3:9 R+P (current),EWUSA FMIC, Derale hardline delete PS cooler, FM Stage 2 fans w/ OEM connectors, Custom fab IC/Rad ducting, custom cowl intake/heatshield, Ultragauge,Rumblestrip Predictive Lap timer, APR custom mounted rear wing, Custom made streetable/removable front splitter, Run-Cool hood Louvers
aram
Second Gear

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:55 AM »

I should post up the wide open throttle air fuel ratios I get with and without the zener diode so people can see if it's worth it to them. I have mine set up with a connector so I can remove it in a few seconds.
broken
Fifth Gear

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 06:10:32 AM »

I should post up the wide open throttle air fuel ratios I get with and without the zener diode so people can see if it's worth it to them. I have mine set up with a connector so I can remove it in a few seconds.

Please.  That sounds interesting. afro

2004 MSM #256,Ti, GT, hard top, MRSS, Custom Shift Knob, BF Clearview, L.E.B. 115db horn, SH boost/vac gauge, SH shift light, Hallman Pro RX. Valentine One w/remote display.  FM O2 Mod.  FM dp, Corksport 80mm catback. Motorcraft synthetic trans fluid.  Larger  FMIC (Ebay),  FM intake kit, Innovate A/F gauge, Innovate water temp gauge 
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »

Please do it in a new thread in the Tech area so everyone sees it.

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
miatajim
Southington, CT Mazda-speed.com founder.
Fifth Gear

Mazda-Speed.com Founder.

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 11:54:27 AM »

Yes, do this.

04 VR Mods FM LE KIT, GFB VTA, HID's, Nexus 7 in dash, Rotationally Molded Sub(4) Box, RF Amp 100x4, Polk door speakers, Running remote mod, HDHCDD RB, A-piller Temp/Boost gauges.
Thresher
Third Gear

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 03:12:15 PM »

Going to a cool new Japanese ramen house at the Arboretum.  Top down. Covered parking to keep her shady while I eat.  Then hauling ass through the hills.  Don't have to be at work til tomorrow morning.  Yeeha.  afro
pokeyjo
Third Gear

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 05:29:41 PM »

Going to a cool new Japanese ramen house at the Arboretum.  Top down. Covered parking to keep her shady while I eat.  Then hauling ass through the hills.  Don't have to be at work til tomorrow morning.  Yeeha.  afro

How was the new noodle spot?
Nakaiya21
Third Gear

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2012, 03:38:46 AM »

Today I discovered just how well the BEGI catch can is working... glad I bought it
KC_MSM
First Gear

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 07:08:29 PM »

Yesterday I pulled into the garage and heard what sounded like gravel bouncing around in a coffee can.  Opened the hood to witness the alternator pulley wiggle about ... installed new alternator and she is happy again. 

P.S. I would like to meet the engineer who decided the lower bolt should be inserted from the rear of the car where it interferes with an intake bracket where there is plenty of clear space towards the front of the car! Angry

2005 Black Mica MSM: FM Level 1 Clutch, FM Intake, O2 mod, FM Downpipe, Koyorad radiator,16" Konig Further Wheels.
CharlesE
Fifth Gear

Southeastern Connecticut

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »

KC_MSM:  I'd love to meet him also.  I looked at installing the bolt from the other side, but it would involve machine work on the alternator, and just doesn't seem warranted, particularly since the modified alternator would likely never be accepted for a rebuild.

Oh....to keep the thread on topic, I replaced a taillight today, cleaned my rims and vacuumed the car.

2004 VR MSM - FM (CAI, Downpipe, O2 Modifier, Full Exhaust, PCV, Timing Belt Kit), Hallman MBC, Silver Star Headlights, Speedhut Boost Gauge, Stainless Steel Brake & Clutch lines, Thompson Air Horn, Mobil 1, Gates Racing Belts, Samco Hoses, Hitemp Brake Fluid, Passport Detector, GPS Drive Navigation (I-Phone), 15x8 6UL's and 205 RE-11's, Carbotech AX6's, Exedy Stage 1 Clutch, FM V-Maxx Stage 2 Suspension, 949 End Links.  MR Roadster Short Shifter Kit

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud....After a while you realize they like it.
Thresher
Third Gear

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2012, 12:16:09 AM »

How was the new noodle spot?

It's tiny and the service is slooooow but the ramen was excellent and to tell you the truth it's the best broth I've ever had that wasn't homemade.  I recommend them if you have an hour to enjoy.  They're called Drunk Fish. 
Maduh
M-S.com Guinea pig.
Fifth Gear

Herp Derp.

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 01:37:02 AM »

Went back to recirculating. Car actually feels like it runs smoother. Might just be my mind making things up though.

Also cleaned the bog solenoid since I was starting to get symptoms.

RIP #361 05' Black Mica Mazdaspeed mx-5, swap in progress to 1999 Miata Base. Follow my build thread here: http://tinyurl.com/pwtx3f9
kley
Third Gear

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2012, 03:51:12 AM »

Put some really nasty Mille Miglia wheels and cheap tires on for DD.
But I'm saving for some really tasty wheels and tires for HPDE,  thumup

2004 Titanium MSM # 212 - Boss Frog Double - JoeMazda MAF relocate/CAI/MBC - BEGI Reflash - FM Exhaust - Audiovox/OEM Cruise - Ebay IC - FM Springs / Tokico Illumina shocks - millsj / Trackspeed brake ducts - Mizu radiator - Kirkey Seats - RaceQuip Harnesses - Miata Roadster Shifter
Tobra
Fourth Gear

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2012, 02:52:40 AM »

Put on one of those cool breeze scoops, much better air circulation in the cabin, especially with the windows up.

Burning up my Chinese, obsidian compound tires as fast as I can, every day.  I hate those tires, hence I abuse them constantly.

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
'95MSM
Fifth Gear

Turbo clocked downward, new i/c plumbing

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »

I'm guessing this will be relevant to approximately .00000001% of forum members, but I'll share anyway.  

Hyde looked into flat towing his track car and found that the 6 speed trans is particularly friendly to being towed.  So with due credit to Brian for showing me that it was possible, my latest modifications are:

1) Installing a Rennenmetal towbar "baseplate" using the baby-teeth tiedown fastening points
2) Installing a trailer light adapter that takes the RV shared turn and brake lights and breaks them out to separate turn and brake circuits
3) Installing diodes upstream from the attachment point for the RV trailer lights connections to the Miata (just aft of the dead pedal on an NA) so that electricity cannot back-flow into the rest of the Miata electrical system

My wife and I should be able to retire in a couple of years.  If we are compatible with full-timing and if the cats don't kill us in our sleep during the trial trip, we will sell the house and tour the country for a few years.  I'll be checking in on the forum to see who wants to go for a drive when we are in your area.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 04:59:23 PM by '95MSM » Logged

'05 running gear + '95 body
3.63 ring & pinion FM content: Blouch compressor mod, FM-Link, i/c & no-MAF intake.   BEGi: Stainless SGDP w/ metal core performance cat.   Custom stuff: Compressor clocked downward w/ new i/c pipe, big radius throttle elbow, 2.5" mid-pipe w/ Hushpower II, dual 2" axle-back w/ open Supertrapps, Toyota 4 pc cop ignition

245.2 whp on default FM-Link maps (with OEM midpipe)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 300   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: