Mazda-speed.com
May 22, 2019, 03:59:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do to your MSM today?  (Read 825483 times)
joe.voss.18
Second Gear

« Reply #4485 on: September 25, 2016, 11:51:20 PM »

Does the intake sound any different? Is there outside air directly being fed into it?
Correction,  it depends on how you orientate the hose in the inner fender. Originally I had about a 9" piece of hose heading towards the driver. But after a hard day of driving,  noticed the fender in the engine bay gets heat soaked.  So I changed out the flex hose for a shorter piece and orientated it towards the headlight.

When facing the hose towards the driver,  the intake noise was a lot louder than facing towards the headlight. You can still hear the blowoff valve,  but not as much whistling from the intake.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
sprite63
Third Gear

« Reply #4486 on: September 28, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »

Added a set of Singular Motorsports hood vents. Has anyone fabricated a set of vent covers for these? Concern about rain and snow since mine is a daily driver? Have a second hood but would prefer not to switch back and forth.

05 MSM Black Mica (#740) FM intake and exhaust, V Maxx Classics
95 MP62 SC, V-Maxx suspension, Customized Racing Beat body kit
joeereid
Fifth Gear

« Reply #4487 on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:02 AM »

Added a set of Singular Motorsports hood vents. Has anyone fabricated a set of vent covers for these? Concern about rain and snow since mine is a daily driver? Have a second hood but would prefer not to switch back and forth.

Millsj and I toyed with the idea of possibly making something out of vinyl/canvas that was held in place with rare earth magnets, but that would require that the vent affixing screws be magnet-able and they would only be used when the car is parked....pretty much a non-starter.

05 Mica, Sparco Speed, Hard Dog ACE with custom harness bar, Ultrashield 6 point harnesses,FM complete intake, O2 mod, FM downpipe, MR short shifter. Xida 700/400, 3.63 R+P (Spare), 3:9 R+P (current),EWUSA FMIC, Derale hardline delete PS cooler, FM Stage 2 fans w/ OEM connectors, Custom fab IC/Rad ducting, custom cowl intake/heatshield, Ultragauge,Rumblestrip Predictive Lap timer, APR custom mounted rear wing, Custom made streetable/removable front splitter, Run-Cool hood Louvers
millsj
Fifth Gear

« Reply #4488 on: September 29, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »

The aluminum (non magnetic) hood does make things a little more complicated.

FM full intake, FM DP and Exhaust, AFCO Shocks (550/400 lb springs), FM O2 Modifier, Hallman MBC with in-cabin controller, Stewart-Warner Boost Gauge, HDHCDD with Harness Bar, RB 1.125" Front Sway Bar, E-bay Delta Fin 27x7x2.5 FMIC, Ultra-Shield Rally Sport seats, Carbotech XP-12/10 pads, SS Brake Lines, PLX DM-100 Multi-Gauge, FM Crossflow Radiator, Spal Fans, FM Oil Cooler, custom in-dash oil pressure warning LEDS, i-Shift LED shift lights, 15x9 bronze 6UL track tires, COT NASCAR wing, DIY front splitter, fully ducted radiator.
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #4489 on: September 29, 2016, 12:29:41 PM »

If you used srong enough magnets you could probably bond them under the hood and then just stick a cover on the outside.  Of if the cover isn't magnetic do the reverse.  Put some metal under the hood and magnets on the cover.

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
PK1
Third Gear

« Reply #4490 on: October 03, 2016, 01:34:56 AM »

Over the past couple of months or so:

- 4 new tires
- Rebuilt shifter
- Stubby antenna and chrome fuel lid
- FM Little Enchilada
- Changed all oils, including diff, transmission and power steering
- Flushed and changed coolant, thermostat and hoses
- Changed LP power steering hoses
- Valve cover gasket and PCV valve
- Spark plugs and wires
- FM cross-flow radiator and stage II fan kit

I was thrilled that the car started right up and worked perfectly after I did the above!  It's a great feeling... and a relief  shockeyes!

This weekend I installed Hydra, and I am even more thrilled that it started right up on the first crank!  

All I have left is install the boost gauge, put the under pan and bits and pieces together and start tweaking things.  I took the radio out as part of installing the Hydra and ordered a new head, so I'll be installing that as well when it comes.  

After that I think I'll stop for a while, I haven't driven the car much since I got it!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 01:38:30 AM by PK1 » Logged

2005 VR MSM, #1254 of 1428
FM exhaust
Rest of FM LE kit + FM radiator and stage II fan in boxes awaiting installation
sprite63
Third Gear

« Reply #4491 on: October 08, 2016, 01:11:32 AM »

Installed Singular Motorsports hood vents.

05 MSM Black Mica (#740) FM intake and exhaust, V Maxx Classics
95 MP62 SC, V-Maxx suspension, Customized Racing Beat body kit
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: