Mazda-speed.com
April 19, 2021, 03:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '04 looking for suspension help  (Read 16540 times)
thomsoad
Fifth Gear

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2014, 03:54:29 AM »

All I can say is "do the math" and go from there.
I've posted extensively on the math recently on Miata.net and my local forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
Micheal Wootton may have greater patience and can go over the math more extensively with you if asked politely and by someone with an open ear and an open mind to listen.  Smiley

OK, I've been searching for the calc resource you talk about. What is "your local forum" and can you give a link or two on m.net?

The one he told me about and that I played with was over at Fat Cat Motorsports:
http://www.fatcatmotorsports.com/FRC_NB/FCM_MSDS_1_8NB.htm

Previous MSM: 2004 TI; FM LE; Falken FK452s

Current MSM: GT Mica;
SUSPENSION/TRANSMISSION: 215/45/17 Pilot Super Sports; Tein Street Advance Coilovers; FM Happy Meal Level 1 System; GarageStar door bushings; MR short shifter
ENGINE: FM Wiseco Pistons; Carrillo A rods; ARP studs; ATI Super Damper; Mazdaspeed competition motor mounts; oversized intake valves, oversized Inconel exhaust valves, ACL Race bearings , FM valve springs; 700CC Deatschwerks injectors:  NGK plugs; Magnecor 8.5s .
PERFORMANCE UPGRADES: Upgraded Blouche turbo, FM Intake, FM full Exhaust, FM Intercooler
ECU: Hydra 2.7
MISCELLANEOUS:  Autometer Boost Gauge; Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control, Motorcraft transmission fluid, Mobil 1 differential fluid, Castrol Platinum Synthetic Motor oil.

DYNOPACK RESULTS:
WHP: 256 @ 6141 rpm
TORQUE (lb/ft): 267.0 @ 4105 rpm
BOOST (PSI): 15.46 @ 4120 rpm
                     14.00 @ 3750 rpm

My MSM: Street...with attitude. Smiley
Jeff Goji
Fifth Gear

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2014, 12:48:32 PM »

All I can say is "do the math" and go from there.
I've posted extensively on the math recently on Miata.net and my local forum. Shouldn't be too hard to find.
Micheal Wootton may have greater patience and can go over the math more extensively with you if asked politely and by someone with an open ear and an open mind to listen.  Smiley

OK, I've been searching for the calc resource you talk about. What is "your local forum" and can you give a link or two on m.net?

I wasn't talking about a calculator resource, I meant I already did the math on it and came up with the numbers on what the damping was at certain shock velocities on these shocks with various spring rates and had posted it (I think I repeated myself something like 50 times over on miata.net and posted quite a bit on the Houston Miata club site.)

I also posted the damping information here on this forum a short time after my original post on this thread.  Smiley
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,29379.msg321802.html#new
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: