Mazda-speed.com
October 22, 2021, 10:22:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FantaticMaxx's 04 VR  (Read 40846 times)
scotty b
They called you exotic. Which is people talk for awesome!
Fifth Gear

Just another lost weekend, need another vacation.

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2014, 10:08:28 PM »

and the last time we went to FL, we got stuck in stop and go traffic for the last hour of the drive Sad, and the AC in my car did not suffice. to remedy that, i went to the junkyard and got some air vents off of a 03 eclipse spyder. the dash was torn apart, but luckily, they had left all the vents! with these, air flow is tremendously increased, where i used to put my AC on 4 and i'd still be hot, and now i can leave it at 2 on HOT days and get chilly Cheesy
P5140009 by max_sayedzada, on Flickr

That's actually pretty awesome.  Were those direct drop-in?

'04 TiG, BEGI Re-flash; 450 cc injectors; FM IC; FM turbo back exhaust; BEGI intake; FM Oil cooler, Walbro 255HP, FM cross flow and Spal fans; GFB-BOV; MBC; Moroso air/oil separator; Nickel 6UL 15x8 with 225/45/15 BFG Rival S; V-Maxx Xxtreme; SSK; Wilwood 6 piston front, 4 piston rear brakes;  HDHCDD; Sparco Sprint V seats; Simpson 6-pt harness system; A-pillar dual-pod with boost and oil temp gauges, #3838

2006 C230 Sport, 2.5L V6, 6spd MT.  My favorite daily driver ever (so far).

Used to own:  '04 TiG, Big Enchilada, FM brake upgrade, Autometer boost gauge, Motegi Traklites, #2082.

My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
Fantasticmaxx
Second Gear

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 04:00:16 PM »

for the most part, yes. the mitsubishi ones were a bit longer, and all i had to do was cut them down to size with a dremel. about 5 min each, at most. total install was probably 30 min. hardest part was getting them out of the car at the junk yard with mosquitos  and sun blaring down on me!  here is a detailed write up, but like i said, all i had to do was cut it to length, everything else was optional lol. except the cleaning of course

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?342-How-To-3rd-Gen-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Dash-Vents-in-an-NB

mine rotate too, just like the video posted.

04 VR: Ebay DP, Joes Intake with MAF Relocation, FM VMaxx Classics, Konig Wideopen
Fantasticmaxx
Second Gear

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 06:43:08 PM »

also pending installation is an electronic cruise control unit i bought around this time last year. didnt install last year and said i'd be man enough to hold the pedal down. bad idea, it sucked, so i'll be installing that soon hopefully!

Quick question, how do you guys keep your red seats clean/ what do you use to clean them? mine arent looking too 'bright' anymore...

04 VR: Ebay DP, Joes Intake with MAF Relocation, FM VMaxx Classics, Konig Wideopen
thomsoad
Fifth Gear

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2014, 07:43:57 PM »

also pending installation is an electronic cruise control unit i bought around this time last year. didnt install last year and said i'd be man enough to hold the pedal down. bad idea, it sucked, so i'll be installing that soon hopefully!

Quick question, how do you guys keep your red seats clean/ what do you use to clean them? mine arent looking too 'bright' anymore...

I got the GT with leather seats so outside of ScotchGuard I don't think anything is gonna bring them back to mint condition.
All I know is this...I keep my leather in great shape...when I can no longer do that my plan is to get them totally redone.  Smiley

Previous MSM: 2004 TI; FM LE; Falken FK452s

Current MSM: GT Mica;
SUSPENSION/TRANSMISSION: 215/45/17 Pilot Super Sports; Tein Street Advance Coilovers; FM Happy Meal Level 1 System; GarageStar door bushings; MR short shifter
ENGINE: FM Wiseco Pistons; Carrillo A rods; ARP studs; ATI Super Damper; Mazdaspeed competition motor mounts; oversized intake valves, oversized Inconel exhaust valves, ACL Race bearings , FM valve springs; 700CC Deatschwerks injectors:  NGK plugs; Magnecor 8.5s .
PERFORMANCE UPGRADES: Upgraded Blouche turbo, FM Intake, FM full Exhaust, FM Intercooler
ECU: Hydra 2.7
MISCELLANEOUS:  Autometer Boost Gauge; Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control, Motorcraft transmission fluid, Mobil 1 differential fluid, Castrol Platinum Synthetic Motor oil.

DYNOPACK RESULTS:
WHP: 256 @ 6141 rpm
TORQUE (lb/ft): 267.0 @ 4105 rpm
BOOST (PSI): 15.46 @ 4120 rpm
                     14.00 @ 3750 rpm

My MSM: Street...with attitude. Smiley
broken
Fifth Gear

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2014, 08:14:18 PM »

Welcome!

I like those vents.  afro

2004 MSM #256,Ti, GT, hard top, MRSS, Custom Shift Knob, BF Clearview, L.E.B. 115db horn, SH boost/vac gauge, SH shift light, Hallman Pro RX. Valentine One w/remote display.  FM O2 Mod.  FM dp, Corksport 80mm catback. Motorcraft synthetic trans fluid.  Larger  FMIC (Ebay),  FM intake kit, Innovate A/F gauge, Innovate water temp gauge 
VolCrew
Fifth Gear

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2014, 01:27:40 AM »

Welcome!

I like those vents.  afro

Ditto.  This would allow Mrs. Volcrew to close hers and give me more air!

2004 Ti MSM GT  - my Red Barchetta
2004 msm
Fifth Gear

boost for life!

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2014, 12:07:48 PM »

Smiley just ordered a set!

2004 VRM MSM
humming
Fifth Gear

enginerd

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 01:12:32 AM »

Where did you get them? I'm interested as well.

2005 Lava Orange MSM #394
FM Intake Kit, FMIC, HKS SSQV VTA BOV(ABC 123 R2D2), Humming Aero Pedals, Speedhut boost gauge, Humming Aero front Tow Hook, Hard Dog HCM2SD, Koyo Radiator, Spal Fans in custom shroud, Joeereid intake heat shield, Humming Aero Hood Vent, ebay catless DP.
barmato
Fifth Gear

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 01:34:06 AM »

I don't know where he got them from but they're always on ebay for $10-$15 a  piece. A junk yard is probably cheaper if you're willing to track them down.
2004 msm
Fifth Gear

boost for life!

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 01:55:11 AM »

Where did you get them? I'm interested as well.

ebay: 3rd Gen Mitsubishi Eclipse vents, several for sale...i have an extra 2 if you need them,....pm me, mark

2004 VRM MSM
Fantasticmaxx
Second Gear

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 03:48:18 AM »

thanks guys!

i got mine from a local junkyard that usually has a bunch of imports, but never exactly what you need. i just happen to have an extra hour on my hands and decided to stop by, and lo and behold, they had the right car. i paid $5 each, but i negotiated down from $10 each!  Shocked

humming
Fifth Gear

enginerd

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 01:30:46 PM »

thanks guys!

i got mine from a local junkyard that usually has a bunch of imports, but never exactly what you need. i just happen to have an extra hour on my hands and decided to stop by, and lo and behold, they had the right car. i paid $5 each, but i negotiated down from $10 each!  Shocked

Anyone who does this should put it in their sig a s the FantasticMaxx Vent Mod to sound awesome and give credit where it's due!   afro

2005 Lava Orange MSM #394
FM Intake Kit, FMIC, HKS SSQV VTA BOV(ABC 123 R2D2), Humming Aero Pedals, Speedhut boost gauge, Humming Aero front Tow Hook, Hard Dog HCM2SD, Koyo Radiator, Spal Fans in custom shroud, Joeereid intake heat shield, Humming Aero Hood Vent, ebay catless DP.
2004 msm
Fifth Gear

boost for life!

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

thanks guys!

Anyone who does this should put it in their sig a s the FantasticMaxx Vent Mod to sound awesome and give credit where it's due!   afro
+1

2004 VRM MSM
Fantasticmaxx
Second Gear

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 03:33:37 PM »

Thanks, but like i mentioned earlier, I'm not the first to do this mod! hehe i got it from two other threads from two different froums. not sure who is the original genius behind this, but it def. is not me!

http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/86-diy-how-writeups/49265-eyeball-vent-alternative-louver-type.html

http://mazdaroadster.net/showthread.php?342-How-To-3rd-Gen-Mitsubishi-Eclipse-Dash-Vents-in-an-NB

sfcarbone
Third Gear

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »

I haven't tried cleaning my red seats yet, but with other cars I have had great success using a carpet cleaning machine (owned or rented) with the upholstery attachment.  Basically you are shampooing the seats & carpet, that removes the dirt and grime that has accumulated.  If you are talking fade from the sun, I think you pretty much need to live with it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: