Mazda-speed.com
October 18, 2021, 10:46:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FM2 Conversion - Notes, best practices, and things to watch out for  (Read 14129 times)
redmist
First Gear

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 07:37:43 PM »

The car is all together and runs awesome, some minor issues which I hope to resolve once I take it to Evans Tuning for a dyno tune.
In summary the end result is worth the install challenges.

If you are installing the 3" exhaust you will have to cut out the center bar on the second from the front shield/pan and one of the crossbars not longer fits. At some point I'll drag out the welder and fab up some substitutes.
barmato
Fifth Gear

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »

Im curious, Did you replace the 2" hot side intercooler piping?  Reason I ask is in another thread you mentioned your car holds 12psi to redline which mine wont.  I only have a 2.5" exhaust but I'm thinking the 2" intercooler  pipe is choking it.
redmist
First Gear

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 01:11:53 PM »

Hello,

Yes I did with 3" piping. I thing the 3" exhaust helps significantly as well. FM recommended it strongly when I bought the FM2.

I very interested in the map changes that the dyno tune will indicate.

Regards,
Pete
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: