Mazda-speed.com
April 22, 2021, 10:56:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thejeans 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #3693  (Read 53652 times)
Fantasticmaxx
Second Gear

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 03:43:57 PM »

Man, the hood props and the LED's are nice touches! looks good, been on the fence about ordering a set of those props....

04 VR: Ebay DP, Joes Intake with MAF Relocation, FM VMaxx Classics, Konig Wideopen
thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 03:50:39 PM »

Man, the hood props and the LED's are nice touches! looks good, been on the fence about ordering a set of those props....

thanks man! i love the hood props, it makes you commit right away cause you have to drill holes and then tap the holes into the hinges for the hood, but its a pretty easy install.
the LED's were a pretty easy thing to make, a little bit of back and forth to get them how i wanted, but im very happy with the result. Ive been thinking about making a handful of sets to sell but just havent gotten around to it yet. Maybe this summer.
thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2016, 02:47:19 PM »

so i am not very pleased with how low the "LOW" TDR seat rail is. if you look in the pic up a few back, you can see it bends up, its honestly no lower than my current foamectomied stock seat. So i taking the seat rail to a buddy who's going to help me modify the rail to get me lower (heat up the metal and beat the bend out of it to just bolt on and go straight back, or drop down).

i also am buying a new-to-me 6 speed and MiataRoadster short shifter to replace the "i have no clue how its never broken" 5 speed that was put into the car from the previous owner. seriously that 5 speed is a magical unicorn transmission, its from an early 90s, has around 250k on it, spent most of the last 80k on two boosted miatae, and neither of those drivers are easy on cars hahaha. will be nice to have the 6 speed back in the car.
2004 msm
Fifth Gear

boost for life!

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2016, 07:17:53 PM »

👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2004 VRM MSM
JCALD
Third Gear

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2016, 10:56:02 PM »

I have that same seat but opted to make my own rails.  Surprisingly comfortable.

i saw those, i need to have the seat as low and as far back as i can... Im actually thinking of modifying the Track Dog Racing Seat to get me even lower and further back than i am with the test fit.

I thought the rail from track dog was too flat and needed to be higher in the front to make it comfortable.  A friend welded brackets directly to his spec Miata seat to get it as low as possible.  Only problem is that most cannot weld aluminum.

Begi Reflash, LE without FM intercooler, Harddog Sport Roll Bar, Seat Lowering Rails, Hard Top w/Carbon Wrap, PLX multi gauge in Rear View Mirror, 3.63 gears
thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2016, 01:17:56 AM »

I have that same seat but opted to make my own rails.  Surprisingly comfortable.

i saw those, i need to have the seat as low and as far back as i can... Im actually thinking of modifying the Track Dog Racing Seat to get me even lower and further back than i am with the test fit.

I thought the rail from track dog was too flat and needed to be higher in the front to make it comfortable.  A friend welded brackets directly to his spec Miata seat to get it as low as possible.  Only problem is that most cannot weld aluminum.

Im 6'1"and 250lbs (long torso and tree trunk legs).... i need/want every inch of room i can get. As it currently sits with the TDR Low rail, its no lower than my foamectomy stock seat was... Ill figure something out for the seat bracket up and then likely have to get the BFH out and massage the tunnel on the drivers side to get the seating position i want.
04TitaniumGrayPhilly
Forceful Driver
Fifth Gear

Soviet Stig

« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2016, 02:22:35 PM »

Is that the Ultrashield Rally seat with TDR logo on it?

2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373 - 328whp and 308wtq/ 2500lbs
ARTech, EFR6258, XIDA, Maxxis RC-1, 3.63 R&P
JCALD
Third Gear

« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:39 PM »

Yes.

Begi Reflash, LE without FM intercooler, Harddog Sport Roll Bar, Seat Lowering Rails, Hard Top w/Carbon Wrap, PLX multi gauge in Rear View Mirror, 3.63 gears
drizzay222
Second Gear

« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2016, 12:21:38 AM »

Jcald will your rails work with that seat?

Little Enchilada, Megasquirt PNPPro, ID 1000, XIDA & 949 Racing Big Grip Kit, 15x9 6ul BFG Rival S 225/45/15, Miataroadster SS Kit, FM Crossflow Radiator and Stage I fans, Mazdaspeed motorsports motor mounts, ES Poly diff bushings, FM oil filter relocate, Speedhut Boost and temp gauges, AEM wideband, JCALD seat rails.
thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2016, 01:12:00 PM »

Is that the Ultrashield Rally seat with TDR logo on it?

it is. if you order it from Track Dog Racing, you get their cover instead of the ultashield cover.
JCALD
Third Gear

« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:21 PM »

Jcald will your rails work with that seat?

I don't see any reason why they would not work.  I have one of the track dog seats but a different rail set for it.  The stock seat lowering rails don't have as much tilt as my racing seat rails.  The track dog seat has a 10 degree back angle.

thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2016, 02:07:38 PM »

Got a bit more work done over the weekend...

Installed the bluetooth stereo, and the freshly wrapped center surround

BYE BYE loud "custom" 3" with fart cannon.... HEEELLLOO 3" FM exhaust

such a cleaner and more unassuming look, im really happy with how it looks now

HELLO LS Coils setup! (FM Big Spark)
04TitaniumGrayPhilly
Forceful Driver
Fifth Gear

Soviet Stig

« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2016, 02:19:09 PM »

Let me know when you're out around Shawn's way and we can all meet up.

thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »

oh for sure! shawn showed me the pic of you hood yesterday. it looks great and confirmed that i definitely want to do it down the road for my car haha
04TitaniumGrayPhilly
Forceful Driver
Fifth Gear

Soviet Stig

« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2016, 02:27:15 PM »

oh for sure! shawn showed me the pic of you hood yesterday. it looks great and confirmed that i definitely want to do it down the road for my car haha
He said he's selling his NB ones to get the NC variety now lol

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: