Mazda-speed.com
November 14, 2019, 05:54:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BEST BOOST GAUGE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETE  (Read 37740 times)
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« on: January 17, 2006, 03:39:20 AM »

I hope you enjoy the instructions afro

Pre installation: Use the other completed guides available to remove your left air vent ball.
Below are the tools I used during the installation multi tool, scissors, wire stripper, hammer, electrical tape, wire taps, Teflon tape <not shown> and connectors
Parts not included where: the brass 3/8" fittings and brass tee.

Step 1: remove bolts point out in the red arrows to remove the panel under the steering wheel. Giving you access to the underside of the dash

Step 2: push out your interior light brightness adjuster from behind

Step 3: remove connector from the back of the switch and pull out the bottom of the dash

Step 4: add connectors to the end of your light bulb wires

Step 5: using the splices connect the black to black and white to red

Step 6: fit the vent trim ring around your gauge, then push your light bulb in and screw on your vacuum fittings with Teflon tape

Step 7: pull out the rubber grommet <shown removed> and route your vacuum line though the hole

Step 8: tap the hose that connects to the back side of the intake manifold and place it above the green valve. Use Teflon tape on all the connections. 
MAKE SURE YOUR VACCUM LINE IS NOT KINKED ANYWHERE

Step 9: enjoy the results

If anyone has questions feel free the personal message me or email me at Anthony@miataspeed.com

** Note: not shown. Wires and vacuum line are run though a gap between the dash and the HVAC piping. I also pulled a little more vacuum tubing in the HVAC pining to prevent any kinks.

**Note added at Anthony's request:

wastegate should be attached to the brake booster line. not teed into the stock bc

TH
« Last Edit: February 23, 2006, 08:18:46 PM by TIDE-HSV » Logged

www.miataspeed.com My YouTube Channel
My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
leo766
Fourth Gear

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 06:42:20 AM »

what size (mm) gauge is that?

Hydra EMS 2.5       Injen SRI
wideband o2         FM DP
550cc injectors      ANSA dual muffler
BCS                      MS sways
Forge 007p DV      Blitz DTT
Canyonfive
National Champion BSP
Fifth Gear

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 07:01:33 AM »

2 1/16"

www.miataspeed.com My YouTube Channel
My BSP build thread
Ebay IC, Custome Koni 2812's by Guy Akney, FM Intake, FM DP, Hallman Pro Rx @ 10psi, GFB VTA BOV, Carbotech Brake Pads F/R, 15 X 10 Custom Wheels, Hooiser A7's,  Memory Fab/ lotus seats , Custom from sway bar , Muffler Delete, Hydra 2.7 EMS Launch Control Flat shift E85 , 550RC's, Fuel Lab fuel filter,
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 07:43:09 PM »

There has been a point of information made about the light wiring in this post.  It seems the suggested wiring didn't work for a forum member and he needed to wire the lights like this.  You might want to check the functioning of the light before you reassemble the switch in case you need to try the optional wiring listed below.

The black ground of the gauage should go to the white w/ red stripe from the dimmer... 

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: