Mazda-speed.com
July 07, 2020, 05:24:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FM2 Conversion Questions  (Read 3085 times)
barmato
Fifth Gear

« on: August 14, 2015, 04:40:14 PM »

For those who have done the FM2 conversion,  about how long did the install take?  I already have the equivalent of a BE so I won't need to install an ecu or injectors but I will have to redo my intake to FM's setup and swap out my downpipe.

Also, has anyone run the FM2 with an ebay intercooler?  Any issues mating it to FM's silicone hot side pipe?

Thanks,
Ben
Chrisbee
Fourth Gear

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:01:01 AM »

I did everything, which would include injectors, engine computor and full 3" exhaust in 2 weeks. But I was only able to work on it 2-3 days a week. The only issue with the ebay intercooler would be smaller inlet/outlets and the tubes would be too big. If you're going to order it, I'd just ask FM that question while ordering. Being that you'd need to make a custom order, you'd need to call them to do it anyways.

2004 TI #3021. Purchased Oct. 2014 with 56k miles.

Engine: FM 2 kit with Hydra 2.7, 700cc injectors, and full 3" exhaust.
FM Crossflow radiator w/stage 2 airflow kit.
Suspension: Fox Racing with FM sway bars.
Wheels: 15x8 Enkei PF01s running 215/50 BFG G-force Sports.
Misc: Custom Speedhut boost gauge in place of stock oil pressure gauge. Temp gauge mod. ScanGaugeII. Blue instrument panel lights. Eclipse dash vents.

Definitely a work in progress!
barmato
Fifth Gear

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 02:27:49 PM »

My eBay Intercooler has a 2.5" inlet/outlet which I think is the same as the FM intercooler.
Chrisbee
Fourth Gear

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 01:45:14 AM »

According to FM's installation instructions, it says the tube on the intercooler side is 3" I.D.
I never actually measured it myself though. It's just noticeably bigger on on side than the other.

2004 TI #3021. Purchased Oct. 2014 with 56k miles.

Engine: FM 2 kit with Hydra 2.7, 700cc injectors, and full 3" exhaust.
FM Crossflow radiator w/stage 2 airflow kit.
Suspension: Fox Racing with FM sway bars.
Wheels: 15x8 Enkei PF01s running 215/50 BFG G-force Sports.
Misc: Custom Speedhut boost gauge in place of stock oil pressure gauge. Temp gauge mod. ScanGaugeII. Blue instrument panel lights. Eclipse dash vents.

Definitely a work in progress!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: