Mazda-speed.com
September 15, 2019, 04:59:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MS or other ECUs and the OBDII port  (Read 4456 times)
'95MSM
Fifth Gear

Turbo clocked downward, new i/c plumbing

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2015, 06:57:27 PM »

...  I know the bus talks way faster than that, ABS needs it, so I wonder why the output on the port is limited to 1hz instead of something like a 500hz rate?

The MSM ABS module is self-contained. It does send status codes or something similar to the ECU, but it functions on its own. Hyde dropped an MSM ABS system into 90MSM and I'm pretty sure it doesn't talk to his Adaptronic ECU, or if it does it isn't meaninrul.

I don't think there is any sort of bus on an MSM.

'05 running gear + '95 body
3.63 ring & pinion FM content: Blouch compressor mod, FM-Link, i/c & no-MAF intake.   BEGi: Stainless SGDP w/ metal core performance cat.   Custom stuff: Compressor clocked downward w/ new i/c pipe, big radius throttle elbow, 2.5" mid-pipe w/ Hushpower II, dual 2" axle-back w/ open Supertrapps, Toyota 4 pc cop ignition

245.2 whp on default FM-Link maps (with OEM midpipe)
ECEng
First Gear

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 01:19:49 AM »

...  I know the bus talks way faster than that, ABS needs it, so I wonder why the output on the port is limited to 1hz instead of something like a 500hz rate?

The MSM ABS module is self-contained. It does send status codes or something similar to the ECU, but it functions on its own. Hyde dropped an MSM ABS system into 90MSM and I'm pretty sure it doesn't talk to his Adaptronic ECU, or if it does it isn't meaninrul.

I don't think there is any sort of bus on an MSM.

Huh, well that's interesting.  I guess that is one way to deal with it if there are no other modules on the CAN bus.  The "early" days of obd, CAN, and things electronically controlled. 
rotorglow
Toyotae non carborundum.
Fifth Gear

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2015, 07:53:35 PM »

Just dropped them a line to get the scoop for sure.

Closing the loop on this, I heard back from Jeremy yesterday.  CAN hardware is on Hydra 2.7 boxes after approx. April 2012.  CAN feature is included free on current boxes, still $150 for some of the rest of us to enable the built-in hardware, cutoff date unspecified. 

A little disappointing, but not terribly surprising, given way Hydra handles things.

2004 VR Sport: FM Big Enchilada w/ Hydra 2.7 + DeatschWerks 700cc injectors + FM crossflow rad + 3.63 rear gears + ES poly diff bushings + comp motor mounts--Koni Sports + Ground Control 550/375 + Racing Beat 1.125" bar + blocks & bolts--Wilwood/AX6 brakes--15x8 6ULs + RE-71Rs--Speedhut + Clearwaters + Auxmod + other misc electrics
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: