Mazda-speed.com
December 04, 2021, 02:38:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Project -Zero Four-  (Read 118830 times)
MSMzer04
Mazdspeed Miata 2004
Fifth Gear

« Reply #180 on: May 06, 2016, 03:20:44 PM »

That's one of the main reasons why I chose this hook. Lowered car and FM exhaust, even the lowest profile jack is difficult to stick in there to raise from the differential. I usually have to use ramps up front, jack on 1 of the rear jacking points, then a jack on the differential pumpkin. I'm hoping this can help make it easier.

#1923 of the '04s is under construction at:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,24159.0.html
Tickittyboo
Fourth Gear

« Reply #181 on: May 07, 2016, 10:38:56 AM »

That's one of the main reasons why I chose this hook. Lowered car and FM exhaust, even the lowest profile jack is difficult to stick in there to raise from the differential. I usually have to use ramps up front, jack on 1 of the rear jacking points, then a jack on the differential pumpkin. I'm hoping this can help make it easier.
Buy a 99 cent hockey puck, cut a groove down the middle of its face deep enough for your pinch weld to sit in. Put it on your floor jack lift plate, and jack your car up from the sides. Works like a charm and you shouldn't need to ramp your car before you jack it up anymore.

2004 Velocity Red MSM with Flyin' Miata's Big Enchilada tuned by Ken Hill, V-Maxx Extreme adjustable coilovers, FM front sway bar, 949 Racing End Links, Boss Frog Double Hoop Roll bar, Tr Motorsports c3m 15x9 wheels with 225 45 15 Hankook Rs3's and carbotech ax6 brake pads all around.
MSMzer04
Mazdspeed Miata 2004
Fifth Gear

« Reply #182 on: August 08, 2016, 03:54:56 AM »

I hit the 99c store several times but I could not locate the hockey puck, I did get a set of FM tools though and a jack adaptor was included!

I've been up to nothing but boring stuff lately.... After installing all the FMLE goodies I blew the Fab9 COP kit, purchased the stock stuff for an insane amount at the stealership and blew the coil pack on Cyl 4 in about 2 weeks, got the car up and running again and now it's sitting in the garage.

With the car down, I realized I have to rely on a second car to get to work. I don't mind since I want to stop putting so many miles on my MSM, that and my wife is almost due. I picked up a Jeep Renegade since I wanted something that could fit my family, my dogs, and my son Smiley

I've been a bit busy and my funds have taken a bit of a hit, but I did get a new rollbar. I would have loved a big brake kit but a baby seat and stroller will do for now lol

#1923 of the '04s is under construction at:
http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,24159.0.html
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: