Mazda-speed.com
February 25, 2020, 12:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GarageStar Door Bushings (NB)  (Read 40628 times)
rotorglow
Toyotae non carborundum.
Fifth Gear

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2015, 08:04:48 PM »

There's a long thread on m.net that started out comparing the KenAuto and Garagestar blocks, but then devolved into the usual kind of m.net insanity.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=581270

2004 VR Sport: FM Big Enchilada w/ Hydra 2.7 + DeatschWerks 700cc injectors + FM crossflow rad + 3.63 rear gears + ES poly diff bushings + comp motor mounts--Koni Sports + Ground Control 550/375 + Racing Beat 1.125" bar + blocks & bolts--Wilwood/AX6 brakes--15x8 6ULs + RE-71Rs--Speedhut + Clearwaters + Auxmod + other misc electrics
thomsoad
Fifth Gear

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2015, 08:14:56 PM »

There's a long thread on m.net that started out comparing the KenAuto and Garagestar blocks, but then devolved into the usual kind of m.net insanity.

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=581270

Its nice to know the Miata insanity on forums is a universal thing.  Grin

Previous MSM: 2004 TI; FM LE; Falken FK452s

Current MSM: GT Mica;
SUSPENSION/TRANSMISSION: 215/45/17 Pilot Super Sports; Tein Street Advance Coilovers; FM Happy Meal Level 1 System; GarageStar door bushings; MR short shifter
ENGINE: FM Wiseco Pistons; Carrillo A rods; ARP studs; ATI Super Damper; Mazdaspeed competition motor mounts; oversized intake valves, oversized Inconel exhaust valves, ACL Race bearings , FM valve springs; 700CC Deatschwerks injectors:  NGK plugs; Magnecor 8.5s .
PERFORMANCE UPGRADES: Upgraded Blouche turbo, FM Intake, FM full Exhaust, FM Intercooler
ECU: Hydra 2.7
MISCELLANEOUS:  Autometer Boost Gauge; Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control, Motorcraft transmission fluid, Mobil 1 differential fluid, Castrol Platinum Synthetic Motor oil.

DYNOPACK RESULTS:
WHP: 256 @ 6141 rpm
TORQUE (lb/ft): 267.0 @ 4105 rpm
BOOST (PSI): 15.46 @ 4120 rpm
                     14.00 @ 3750 rpm

My MSM: Street...with attitude. Smiley
Chrisbee
Fourth Gear

« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2015, 01:29:17 AM »

Im hoping this isn't a thread jack.
But im really interested in these but Im not familiar with these at all so am unsure of the exact problem and need to constantly slam my door.
So in looking into other reviews some people started talking about these http://rev9autosport.com/ken-auto-door-bushings-cups.html

Problem is im not familiar with this company/website and I don't know if the sloped front would be better/easier?
Thoughts?
I don't believe that it's an issue with it catching the front lip. I think it's just an overall size/bolt hole location thing. Slamming the door is jamming the bolts into the side of the bolt holes in the blocks. That makes the blocks sit back just a hair further, so it doesn't put as much outward pressure on the door. At least that's what I think is happening. After I did the "door slam" trick, my doors feel almost stock when closing them. Just a slight pop when opening, but no additional force needed to close. But are way more ridged.

2004 TI #3021. Purchased Oct. 2014 with 56k miles.

Engine: FM 2 kit with Hydra 2.7, 700cc injectors, and full 3" exhaust.
FM Crossflow radiator w/stage 2 airflow kit.
Suspension: Fox Racing with FM sway bars.
Wheels: 15x8 Enkei PF01s running 215/50 BFG G-force Sports.
Misc: Custom Speedhut boost gauge in place of stock oil pressure gauge. Temp gauge mod. ScanGaugeII. Blue instrument panel lights. Eclipse dash vents.

Definitely a work in progress!
kpassi58
First Gear

« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2015, 07:07:23 PM »

Wow, I can't believe the "Mighty Slam" technique actually worked. I was having so much trouble installing these yesterday, and the popping sound does not sound healthy at all. But the mighty slam fixed everything. No more slamming, no more popping when it opens. So awesome.
ryanj
Second Gear

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2015, 09:33:57 PM »

Just got these and had the same issue everyone was talking about.  I really had to put a lot of force into getting my doors to latch.  I kept reading this thread and tried the "super slam" with snug bolts.  Did that about 5-6 times, tightened the bolts, and now the door closes nice and healthy.  I'd say maybe 10% more effort required to latch than stock.

It's funny because I have a Hard Dog roll bar, FM frame rails, and FM butterfly brace, and these little $65 blocks made more of a difference than all of that other stuff combined.  I still have a little bit of a shimmy at 65-70mph, but I think that might be the wheels needing to be balanced.  The shimmy was certainly reduced with these blocks though, and a quick spin down a SUPER bumpy country rode makes this feel like a completely different car.

Best $65 spent.
04TitaniumGrayPhilly
Forceful Driver
Fifth Gear

Soviet Stig

« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2015, 01:30:58 PM »

Glad to see people are liking these. I bought a friend a set for Christmas, he's gonna LOVE them!

2004 Mazdaspeed Miata #2373 - 328whp and 308wtq/ 2500lbs
ARTech, EFR6258, XIDA, Maxxis RC-1, 3.63 R&P
twobone
Second Gear

« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2016, 01:47:11 PM »

Just get them! 

Just installed them and wow.....I now go searching for pot holes laugh

Seriously though...I now think I can live with my bilsteins.  What was bothering me before was all the rattle/shake that comes with road irregularities.  Now the car just "thunks" over them. 

Such a great investment. 

Yes the door makes a pop sound when opening...no the door doesn't sit funny.   Great stuff

2005 MSM - Joe's intake, FM Downpipe, Miata Roadster Short Shift Kit
Former stable:
1990 Caterham Super Seven/1984 Porsche Carrera/1981 Porsche 911SC/1974 MGB
thejeans
Third Gear

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2016, 06:19:35 PM »

gotta agree with most everyone on here, I was very skeptical but they have solidified the car nicely. Cant tell if there is any real "performance gain" but If nothing else i dont hear the rattles anymore and the car doesnt shudder on bumps so its worth it just for those two reasons... haha
water hazard
First Gear

Do it right or do it over...

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »

What is the torque for the bolts when installing these?

MSM #3092
FM Downpipe, Borla dual-tip exhaust
Tickittyboo
Fourth Gear

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2016, 04:05:15 PM »

Not sure on that, but I wouldn't use the supplies hardware. I did and barely torqued one of the bolts down (seriously) and it sheared. Use the stock hardware, I think it's grade 8.

2004 Velocity Red MSM with Flyin' Miata's Big Enchilada tuned by Ken Hill, V-Maxx Extreme adjustable coilovers, FM front sway bar, 949 Racing End Links, Boss Frog Double Hoop Roll bar, Tr Motorsports c3m 15x9 wheels with 225 45 15 Hankook Rs3's and carbotech ax6 brake pads all around.
Chrisbee
Fourth Gear

« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:33 AM »

I just ran 'em down tight with a 1/4" ratchet. I'd think that'd be pretty good..

2004 TI #3021. Purchased Oct. 2014 with 56k miles.

Engine: FM 2 kit with Hydra 2.7, 700cc injectors, and full 3" exhaust.
FM Crossflow radiator w/stage 2 airflow kit.
Suspension: Fox Racing with FM sway bars.
Wheels: 15x8 Enkei PF01s running 215/50 BFG G-force Sports.
Misc: Custom Speedhut boost gauge in place of stock oil pressure gauge. Temp gauge mod. ScanGaugeII. Blue instrument panel lights. Eclipse dash vents.

Definitely a work in progress!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: