Mazda-speed.com
November 20, 2017, 12:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back off engine coolant hoses?  (Read 1589 times)
Mazdaspeed003
Fourth Gear

« on: October 13, 2016, 09:26:54 PM »

Having a tough time finding the part numbers to purchase. Mine are starting to balloon and do not want these erupting.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
mr_hyde
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

Midlife Crisis on Wheels!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:50:59 PM »

Are you talking about the pair going into the firewall?  If so, they are for the heater core.  They should be available at any parts store (might need to order them).  Best practice - cut the old ones off the heater core nipples with a box knife.  If you try to break them loose normally, you will probably bend or collapse the soft aluminum pipes to the core and you do NOT want to be stuck replacing that...

2005 Black Mica #290 8/27/04 w/Factory Hard Top
BEGi Intake, FM Downpipe.  Nice and calm with an edge...

1990 Red - MSM Drivetrain, Adaptronic EMS, Xida 700/400, 15x9 6uls, Full Cage, SGDP w/80mm Corksport exhaust, ~260whp @ 15psi on Forged Rods.  bow2
Build Thread: http://www.mazda-speed.com/forum2/index.php/topic,24668.0.html

2000 BMW M5 - The Falcon - Daily Driver  reddevil

2003 E350 7.3 Powerstroke Ambulance for towing '90MSM to play dates.

1991 BRG - Daughter's daily driver.
PK1
Third Gear

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 01:29:36 AM »

A few weeks ago my local Mazda dealer identified 6 coolant hoses for me, of which 5 were available from Mazda, which I bought from them and one was discontinued (the lower radiator hose.)  The discontinued one is available as aftermarket, see a thread about this from a couple of days ago.

I later learned that there are actually a total of 8 hoses and not 6 (two for the oil cooler), but I know at least 5 of them are easily available from Mazda.

Which hose are you looking for, and have you talked to a dealer?

2005 VR MSM, #1254 of 1428
FM exhaust
Rest of FM LE kit + FM radiator and stage II fan in boxes awaiting installation
JoeTR6
Second Gear

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 02:27:11 AM »

Replacing the radiator is next for me, so I was thinking about refreshing all of the coolant hoses at the same time.  The only one that looks to be in bad shape is the lower radiator hose.  110k miles and 12 years can really mess with rubber parts.

I just finished a clutch install, and noticed a smaller hose routed behind the block.  Maybe that is one of the hoses your were referring to?
Mazdaspeed003
Fourth Gear

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 01:51:43 PM »

A few weeks ago my local Mazda dealer identified 6 coolant hoses for me, of which 5 were available from Mazda, which I bought from them and one was discontinued (the lower radiator hose.)  The discontinued one is available as aftermarket, see a thread about this from a couple of days ago.

I later learned that there are actually a total of 8 hoses and not 6 (two for the oil cooler), but I know at least 5 of them are easily available from Mazda.

the two going to the firewall.
SilverMiataRacer
Global Moderator
Fifth Gear

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2016, 02:42:10 PM »

Those are the heater core hoses and as Mark already told you do not remove them by pulling them.  Remove the clamps and cut the hoses off the piping and peel them off.

Here they are

http://prioritymazdaparts.com/search.php?search_query=NC10-61-211&Search=

The first two hoses

Larry

4 Miatas but who's counting!!   Cool

White Knight    1991 Crystal White   #99 CSP
Silver Bullet     1992 Silverstone     #17 SM2  FM I+ Turbo  (Gone but not forgotten)
Honey B          1992 Sunburst Yellow #99 SM2 J.R. M45
Whooosh         2004 Titanium MazdaSpeed MX5  #403 of 4000
Subie              2006 Steel Gray WRX STi Cobb Stage 2 (Gone but not forgotten)
No name yet    2008 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat Z06 Corvette
No Name yet    2014 Ashen Grey Metallic Camaro 2SS 1LE

“There are only three sports: mountain climbing, bull fighting, and motor racing. All the rest are merely games.”
– Ernest Hemingway
PK1
Third Gear

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2016, 07:06:31 PM »

the two going to the firewall.

Bought these two (among others) from a dealer a few weeks ago and have already installed them. 

2005 VR MSM, #1254 of 1428
FM exhaust
Rest of FM LE kit + FM radiator and stage II fan in boxes awaiting installation
Mazdaspeed003
Fourth Gear

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 06:49:27 PM »

Those are the heater core hoses and as Mark already told you do not remove them by pulling them.  Remove the clamps and cut the hoses off the piping and peel them off.

Here they are

http://prioritymazdaparts.com/search.php?search_query=NC10-61-211&Search=

The first two hoses

THank you so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: