Mazda-speed.com
July 07, 2020, 05:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's included in the intake (from when parts will ship)  (Read 32680 times)
AquiaMSM
Fifth Gear

« on: February 02, 2006, 05:37:54 PM »

Keith...

I am sure this has been asked and answered in the multitude of threads we have on this...but I wanted to confirm (before ordering) that if I order the GFB and the throttle inlet pipe...and I am connecting it up to my stock system...everything I need will be included...no trips to HD for parts....  Is this correct?  Thanks mate..

Greg

'95 M Edition
Stafford, VA
Keith
FM tech weenie
Fifth Gear

Racer, builder, author

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 06:13:43 PM »

I split this question off so the shipping thread will stay confined to shipping questions.

If you install our throttle body inlet pipe and GFB, you will be left with one open hose on your stock system. That's the recirculation line from your original bypass. It does not see pressure so it can be plugged with just about anything, but the kit does not include a plug for this.

All other parts are included.

Keith

Keith Tanner
Author of How To Build A High Performance Mazda Miata
wallacehat
Fourth Gear

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 07:02:10 PM »

can we just remove the stock assembly and hoses all together?
Keith
FM tech weenie
Fifth Gear

Racer, builder, author

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2006, 08:47:45 PM »

Your stock intake has a hole in it. This hole either has to be plugged or used. It's hard to remove Smiley

If you get the complete FM intake package (intake, throttle body pipe, GFB) then your stock parts will all be removed and all parts will be included. If you try to use your stock intake with the throttle body pipe and the GFB, you will have an extra hole in the intake.

Keith Tanner
Garrynky
Fourth Gear

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 03:34:50 AM »

I split this question off so the shipping thread will stay confined to shipping questions.

If you install our throttle body inlet pipe and GFB, you will be left with one open hose on your stock system. That's the recirculation line from your original bypass. It does not see pressure so it can be plugged with just about anything, but the kit does not include a plug for this.

Keith

Dumb question....a plug is maybe 25 cents........why isn't it included??

2004 vr MSM                                    Wicked Loud Horns
Audiovox Cruise Control                   Plugged Visors
Thompson Oil Filter Relocation Kit      Buck Grille
FM Downpipe and Exhaust                Frenzy Style Bar
FM Intercooler                                 Sylex Ipod Adapter
Full FM Intake                                  Speedhut Boost Gauge
GFB Blow off valve                            Fumoto Drain Valve
AquiaMSM
Fifth Gear

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 03:43:34 AM »

Keith

Dumb question....a plug is maybe 25 cents........why isn't it included??

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that thinks of these "dumb" questions  afro

Greg

'95 M Edition
Stafford, VA
uncompiled
Fifth Gear

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2006, 03:47:07 PM »

I see that in some cases, people have aftermarket intakes (AEM/Injen), but may want to use the TB inlet pipe and GFB BOV... since these intakes were made to use the stock BPV, these intakes also have a hole in them for the recirculating line -- correct?

私は日本の鉄鋼
ilblissli
poker player
Fifth Gear

wake up with the king

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2006, 04:23:03 PM »

since these intakes were made to use the stock BPV, these intakes also have a hole in them for the recirculating line -- correct?

yes. unless you ordered one of the half dozen that were made for people like me who use a vent to air setup

(2004 VR) FM DP, FM Intake and throttle body pipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Hallman PRO MBC, Enthuza XR exhaust, Hardog M2 Rollbar, Speedhut Boost Gauge and Epod, Mazdaspeed valvestem caps and license plate frame
Keith
FM tech weenie
Fifth Gear

Racer, builder, author

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2006, 04:51:44 PM »

Any intake that was designed to be installed on an otherwise-stock MSM should have a recirculating fitting. Ours is no different. I don't know if AEM/Injen include a plug. The difference is that you can't ask them! Bill's hunting for that plug (it's a really weird size, thank you for that Mazda).

Keith

Keith Tanner
Keith
FM tech weenie
Fifth Gear

Racer, builder, author

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2006, 06:53:38 PM »

The intake kits will all include a plug for that recirculation fitting.

Keith Tanner
04VRMSMX5
Fifth Gear

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2006, 07:33:37 PM »

Thanks Keith!

Eric
AquiaMSM
Fifth Gear

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2006, 10:14:34 PM »

The intake kits will all include a plug for that recirculation fitting.

Keith...  If someone order the GFB and the Throttle Body Inlet Pipe...will it also include the plug?  Thanks...

Greg

'95 M Edition
Stafford, VA
Keith
FM tech weenie
Fifth Gear

Racer, builder, author

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2006, 10:17:08 PM »

That's an excellent point. We're doing an about-face (and the shipping department is ready to kill me). The plug will come with the GFB valves. After all, that's when you need to plug the recirc fitting. If you get the complete intake kit (intake, throttle body pipe, GFB) you'll also get it. If you buy simply the intake you will NOT get a plug, because we have not supplied you with something that requires plugging.

I'll give up our supplier on this one. Go to NAPA and ask for a 0.75" by-pass cap (their terminology). All that searching and all I had to do was walk across the street!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 10:50:07 PM by Keith » Logged

Keith Tanner
Rob.Tuner
Fifth Gear

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 05:36:05 AM »

keith...you are the man... afro

05 Lava Orange.
171/1428.
AEM Intake // Ebay Downpipe // HKS SSQV // H&R Coil Overs // Trackdog Racing Spliiter with APR Supports
Ran Kizama
H3NTA1
Fifth Gear

FORMER OFFICIAL TRUNK MONKEY

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2006, 05:39:24 PM »

Keith, just a recommendation. I would swap out those Brady clamps that come with the intake. Those clamps with the 4-spacers really sucked for me. I broke two of them when trying to tighten down the intake and another when tighening the TB Pipe. I had some replacements on hand so I swapped those real quick. They made this loud pinging sound and then wouldn't tighten anymore. I'll be replacing them all tonight. I wonder if anyone else had the same issue.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: