Mazda-speed.com
June 27, 2022, 05:05:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to go wider, but keep stock 04 wheels look  (Read 3015 times)
Chris05super
Second Gear

« on: July 04, 2006, 05:46:59 AM »

From all my reading it looks like 235's are generally just too wide to properly mount to the stock 04 wheels. 225's are basically impossible to find.  I want a wider stance and wide rubber, but love the 04 wheel look.  Any suggestions?????

Thanks
Brent
Fifth Gear

I Miss Boost!

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:17:37 AM »

Many people are running 235/40 on the stock rims without any issues...

Brent

Former VR MSM owner
07 Copper Red MX5 Sport | 17x8 Konig Runaways | 235/40 GS-D3 | IL Motorsport Bracing | Eibach Pro-Kit | A&R 6K HID | RSR | Hotchkis
Chris05super
Second Gear

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »

which brands,  and anybody got close clear pics?

thanks!
msydnor
Fifth Gear

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 04:31:14 PM »

which brands, and anybody got close clear pics?

thanks!

Do a search, there is a guy on here that posted a thread with pictures of his 235's a few weeks ago. I believe he recently went to the autocross and posted on that too.

No more mods for now....got a ND...Launch Edition
Chris05super
Second Gear

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 04:33:47 PM »

ok i'll check him out. meanwhile looking for a consensus so any other examples, please post!!!!

the tire rack specs are quite clear, 7" stock rim is about 1" too narrow.  so what does that mean to the tire if anything?

thanks!!!
Keeper of the FAQs
Fifth Gear

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 03:32:41 AM »

it means the tread is wider than the wheel... which means a lot if you have a lot of sidewall to flex, but in the case of a 40... it doesnt seem to mean much.

the only thing you really need to worry about with the 235/40s is a little bit of rubbing, and then only if you are really excercising your suspension...
huntinhorsies
Fifth Gear

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:38:04 AM »

the only thing you really need to worry about with the 235/40s is a little bit of rubbing, and then only if you are really excercising your suspension...

i guess that applies to lowered cars. does it rub the fender lip? i only run 215 but i would like 5mm wheel spacers.

Ti. msm # 37 of 4000.
Mods: 17in. enkei rp-f1 in sbc finish(black chrome) Ground control sleeves over stock bilstiens. HKS SSQV BOV. Autopower single diagonal with harness bar. Injen intake in black finish. TDR air splitter, Tanabe Yper Medalion Exhaust. Relocated wastegate signal line. Oh yeah her name's Elaine. My very own Eleanor if you will.
Keeper of the FAQs
Fifth Gear

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 02:14:59 PM »

i guess that applies to lowered cars. does it rub the fender lip? i only run 215 but i would like 5mm wheel spacers.

no, I was speaking of stock suspension. It does not appear to rub the fender lip (it's not a width issue, so much as a height issue), but does rub the plastic fender liner a wee bit, if your using up most of your suspension travel. If you lowered the car, I wouldnt bother with such big tires, they are going to rub in the front if your lowered.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: