Mazda-speed.com
April 02, 2020, 10:54:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mazda-speed.com is no longer open and is now a read-only site. For Mazdaspeed Miata discussions, please visit the Mazdaspeed section on Miata.net.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the rear tires for bigger ones  (Read 2392 times)
MiataSpeedster
Fourth Gear

S2000 Killer

« on: February 23, 2005, 03:16:49 AM »

im thinking about changing my rear tires for bigger ones, just trying to fill that gap in the back, whats the biggest tire i can go with messing up the mph on the msm? ???

2004 MX-5 Mazdaspeed NO BOOST CUT | AEM SRI | Turbo XS RFL w/ Custom Hardpipe | Apexi Custom Exhaust Catless w/ Custom Downpipe | Blitz SBC I-D 3 Boost Controller | Blitz Turbo Timer | Evo Intercooler | H&R Springs | Bride Pro Racing Seat | FM O2 Clamp
ilblissli
poker player
Fifth Gear

wake up with the king

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:20:19 AM »

if you go any taller than what you have on there now you will have to adjust the spedo. no getting around that.

(2004 VR) FM DP, FM Intake and throttle body pipe, Turbo XS RFL BOV, Hallman PRO MBC, Enthuza XR exhaust, Hardog M2 Rollbar, Speedhut Boost Gauge and Epod, Mazdaspeed valvestem caps and license plate frame
rx7gslse
Mmmm Beer....
Fifth Gear

Will work for parts!

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 03:36:19 AM »

1% bigger, 1% error...

10% bigger 10% error..

etc etc.. Wink

heres a good link to help ya out..

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1984 GSL-SE - Baby popped her Wanklel Sad
1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
'04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun Cheesy[/b]

How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??
Jae
Fifth Gear

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 03:59:15 AM »

I had to put bigger tires on the rear due to a flat and the tire shop I limped to did not have the 205's.  So I ended up putting some cheaper toyo's on that were 215 40's.  The rear is now is slightly larger in width and height and actually I like the way it works with the short first/second gearing.  Lets me stay a hair longer in those first two gears.  I think I may stay with this combo when I match up the set with new toyo TS-1s or RA's later.

'04 Ti - Sold!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: